12HT / 2H Oil Pressure Relief Valve Removal Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought you guys may be interested in what I came up with.
I've been dealing with high oil pressure and I changed my valve assembly out to new.

As you may be aware, the valve is a little tricky to get out.
Some people say to remove the spring, put the cap back on and blip the starter but that can make a mess and doesn't necessarily push the valve out.
Some other people use a rubber hose or a plastic handle.

I figured I'd make something dedicated.

1/2" DOM 1/8th wall, 2" long
1/4" x 20 chamfered bolt 2 5/8" long.

Hope this helps someone out!
Some of my friends thought it was cool idea so I offered to make them one as well.

Cheers

Mike
image0 3.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

What do you consider to be ‘too’ high of oil pressure? Curious.
Mine is pretty high when cold, but seems normal all other times.

Nice work.. I just have this screwdriver which is a nice interference fit..

YJl02mB.png

What do you consider to be ‘too’ high of oil pressure? Curious.
Mine is pretty high when cold, but seems normal all other times.
On cold start up it went to ~80PSI and if I blip the throttle or drive right away it would see easily 90+PSI.
After 10-15 min of driving it goes within spec.

With the power steering pump right beside the access port, you need something small/short to wiggle your way around it.

That's what mine does. Didn't realize its a problem. What should cold start pressure be? What is yours at now?
Maybe just bring the truck over and pay you in Coleman parts, if I remember correctly?

That's what mine does. Didn't realize its a problem. What should cold start pressure be? What is yours at now?
Maybe just bring the truck over and pay you in Coleman parts, if I remember correctly?
A Toyota mechanic told me anything over 90psi is hard on the seals.
My engine is freshly rebuilt and still a bit tight. I just wanted to make sure I didn't harm anything especially when it gets below freezing.

Now at cold start up it's 75PSI and doesn't go above 85PSI. Within a couple minutes it drops and holds at ~25-27psi at idle.

Sure, if you get the parts, I can help you swap them over. It's pretty easy to do. Coleman suff works for me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom