12H-T HPD Intercooler kit... anyone installed it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello again,

One more thing... has anyone installed the HPD intercooler kit for the 6xs? Seems small but I'm used to Supra 7M-GTE sized intercoolers. :)

Thanks!

-Ophir

seems like an appropriate size for this turbine and looks like a great kit, but damn man that's a lot of $.

seems like an appropriate size for this turbine and looks like a great kit, but damn man that's a lot of $.

Yeah - although + the piping etc and in US $s not AU the price is $879.

Do it once do it right, buy once cry once, contact pdi and ask them if they can make you one. Site says currently out of stock but it seems they can do it. Bigger is better, and imho a pdi kit is nicely done.

Do it once do it right, buy once cry once, contact pdi and ask them if they can make you one. Site says currently out of stock but it seems they can do it. Bigger is better, and imho a pdi kit is nicely done.

Asked. Have you had good experiences with PDI?

It looks like a really nice kit and the exchange rate makes it really appealing.

IMHO, that intercooler is too small if you want to run decent boost and pull long grades. I guarantee a diesel is a lot 'harder' on an intercooler given it runs boost almost constantly as opposed to a gasser that will cruise with very little boost if any.

I would also suggest talking to PDI and seeing what they can make, otherwise talk to Cross Country. I haven't used a PDI but know a few who have who have been happy with them. I had a cross county on my HDJ80 which was very good, but doing it again I'd go front mount (PDI) over the top mount,

IMHO, that intercooler is too small if you want to run decent boost and pull long grades. I guarantee a diesel is a lot 'harder' on an intercooler given it runs boost almost constantly as opposed to a gasser that will cruise with very little boost if any.

I would also suggest talking to PDI and seeing what they can make, otherwise talk to Cross Country. I haven't used a PDI but know a few who have who have been happy with them. I had a cross county on my HDJ80 which was very good, but doing it again I'd go front mount (PDI) over the top mount,

Thought the same thing about the sizing. Will track down PDI / Cross Country.

Cheers mate. :)

Just to throw a spanner in the works...

What sort of driving do you mostly do?

Might be worth considering a water to air intercooler, there are a number of advantages and disadvantages...

Just to throw a spanner in the works...

What sort of driving do you mostly do?

Might be worth considering a water to air intercooler, there are a number of advantages and disadvantages...

I'd say relatively mild, mainly explorations - freeways to forest roads or to trails and I'm not (currently anyways :) pulling anything heavy like a loaded trailer.

Ok cool,

So for higher speed driving then front mount air/air is a good choice, it’s low speed rock crawling and specifically sand where a water to air intercooler is far better.

Ok cool,

So for higher speed driving then front mount air/air is a good choice, it’s low speed rock crawling and specifically sand where a water to air intercooler is far better.
Not in a diesel, far to prone to heat soak imho

Yeah - although + the piping etc and in US $s not AU the price is $879.

exchange rate surprised me...that's not bad after all!

Water to air or air/air more prone to heat soak?
I say water to air, however at low speed a top mount without a fan will heat soak.
W2A isn't bad as such (even tho I prefer A2A) however most systems sold as a kit dont hold enough water or have big enough radiator to lose the heat from a boosted diesel. I've seen reasonable results with W2A where the components were sufficiently sized and I think they used a small car radiator rather than the tiny little things that most kits have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom