12H-T fly wheel bolts.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems to be an on going question when i have searched with mixed answers. When installing these bolts do you follow the FSM and use engine oil on the threads or do you use thread lock? And which color?

Pretty sure the bolts i pulled were original they were pretty dry and no sign of thread lock. I am installing new flywheel bolts and will clean the threads on the crank.

I doubt it matters much, but I would use lubricant after the thread had been cleaned to get accurate torque values. This is probably why toyota says use engine oil. I sprayed crc in them and never had a problem.

These have fairly high torque figures, I forget how much, but I doubt anythings going to come loose.

Mark, I meant to look into this for you today but got side tracked. Does fsm say use oil? I have one i can look it up in if you don't. Sealant I'd only recommend on engines where threads go all the way into oil cavity. Can't remember if 12ht is like this or 2f. I have a crank out of a 12ht at home I could look at.

@roma042987 i was hoping you would chime in.. i have a copy of the fsm and it says oil. I do not know why people would not follow the fsm and use locktite other than bad experiences.

I looked at the crank, it is solid metal after the threads.. ill just follow the manual.
20200324_191030.jpg

At 87 ft-lb , the bolts are unlikely to rattle loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom