12/71 FJ40 new speedo cable source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Everything I see says discontinued by Toyota. I have a 12/71 fj40. All of the speedo cables available seem to fall before 9/71 or after 9/72.
Any help is appreciated.
I think I would like one a little longer so the bends are more sweeping. When it gets cold here (MT) sometimes it acts up and pegs out or says I am doing 80 when I am in 2nd gear. Yes I have tried lubing it.
Thanks

Just bought one from SOR, 90" long, $25.00. They had both the clip and screw on styles available.

you can buy a speedo cable extension that goes in at the transmission side - I got mine from TrailGear at half the price of Marlin, SOR or Amazon

Does this Trail Gear cable have the Landcruiser drive tangs, and/or are they different than Toyota Pickup?????

Kurt is the man^ check cruiser outfitters before anywhere else hands down best cruiser place i've dealt with

Does this Trail Gear cable have the Landcruiser drive tangs, and/or are they different than Toyota Pickup?????

it's identical on the transmission end to the OEM Landcruiser speedo cable

Thanks for the info...it is much appreciated. I thought I was going to try and have one made...the above options seem much easier and less expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom