12/64 fj40 switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, I'm in need of some help. I'm in the process of getting my 12/64 project going. Coolerman is helping me out with a harness. Does anyone have a list or thread to use as a reference for the switches I will be needing (year compatibility etc.). My rig is completely wiped out, so I need every single one.

Choke and throttle cables the were same from the FJ25 until the 68 FJ40. Same with the light switch. Wiper switch was 61-67. Ashtray started during 62 and was the same until the 79 model. A late 64 could have a factory heater as it was a option from some time in 64 until it became standard with the 66 model in the US market. If it has a factory heater the blower switch and vent cable are mounted to the bottom of the dash with they own bracket. If it doesn't a Darth Vader light would be mounted there. Cigarette lighter started later.

Choke and throttle cables the were same from the FJ25 until the 68 FJ40. Same with the light switch. Wiper switch was 61-67. Ashtray started during 62 and was the same until the 79 model. A late 64 could have a factory heater as it was a option from some time in 64 until it became standard with the 66 model in the US market. If it has a factory heater the blower switch and vent cable are mounted to the bottom of the dash with they own bracket. If it doesn't a Darth Vader light would be mounted there. Cigarette lighter started later.

Thanks for the response. This is a 12/64. I'm trying to account for all the holes (missing switches) in the dash. So far I've got 1- choke / throttle cable, 2- light switch, 3- wiper switch, 4- heater switch / cable, 5- cigarette lighter?, 6 - ignition switch, 7 and 8- would be the turn signal indicators on each side of the dash. The obvious one is the ashtray... I have two slots that are unaccounted for.

Below the dash are the four holes in the center, below the dash, and the two larger holes to the right, which make me believe it did come with the heater.

Also, does the glove box door hinge look right to you guys? It does not have a little lip inside for a hinge like my 76.

Thanks in advance, any input is appreciated.

SAM_0381.JPG

your low range lever goes through the hole next to the ash tray and the bracket mounts below it .the pocket door is the same as the newer models except it has 3 mounting bolts instead of 2 in side .the 4wd button comes through the hole next to the lever

your low range lever goes through the hole next to the ash tray and the bracket mounts below it .the pocket door is the same as the newer models except it has 3 mounting bolts instead of 2 in side .the 4wd button comes through the hole next to the lever

Got it! Thank you sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom