119 Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last run was great, lets do 'er again.

This one is a little more intense. Ok, alot more. At least it was last time, three years ago.

Couple pics in this thread, September long trip of our first successful go,

more here, need to dig through and find the links but they're in there. 119 Trail September 3-5

Access is via highway 40 nearly to Crowsnest until your just south of Livingstone Falls, then a particular logging road followed by a steadily decreasing quality of road until its time to lock the hubs.

Lots of big ol washouts, one very tight section through the trees, a washout spanned by logs for the offside tire on the edge of a dropoff would need a good look before proceeding. A few big rocks and one tiny but inconvenient patch of skag that must be skirted. Nice views up top. Worth it to me.

Things may have changed since then, a bit of side by side traffic would have likely opened things up a bit but I haven't been back to see. It was a tough trail, lots of places where things could go very very sideways. But thats wheeling, with the right group, it'll be a blast.

There was a spot where the trail did appear to continue that we never explored further, both time and fuel being a problem. Not being up to speed on current conditions I would treat it as a one way in one way out run with the same camp used previously in the stubby trees up high for Saturday night.

There is or was a good camp at the entrance not far off the road for the Friday or first night. A three day weekend would be ideal, but I'd take a crack at it whenever possible.

Who has time when? Just don't say the weekend of July 20-21 cause I'm out for that one.

How about the weekend after that?

Really do need to check into current access conditions as well, there is a chance the area may be closed or logged off by now for all I know at this time.

I’ll have to leave that in your hands but I’m hoping it’s good to go.

Looking at a run into Montana Aug. 3-5, theres a thread on the ghostwheelers forum if anyone is interested. Its in a pretty cool area, I'm sure it'll be a time.

Montana long weekend trip sounds good, would it be trails as in if I was to trailer my Cruiser down or would we be going from trail to trail without a "homebase"?

Come on out should be a good time for sure and no not trailer friendly but family friendly.

Both Tori and I are really looking forward to heading down to Montana with you guys. The only weekend this month that is free is possibly July 27th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom