11/1974 FJ40 Almost done rebuilding stock carb. Is the nail looking thing or “power valve piston” supposed to move up and down? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
6621C285-ADF6-4630-B8CA-F673638E1252.jpeg

I’m wondering what the point of having a spring inside it is if it can’t move up or down? Should it?

Dribble a little pb, brake cleaner, whatever in let it sit then lightly tap the top. It will move down, they gum up. Once it moves down keep dribbling and you’ll be able to remove, just make sure the retainer screw and bracket is off. I just dealt with this today on a carb.

Dribble a little pb, brake cleaner, whatever in let it sit then lightly tap the top. It will move down, they gum up. Once it moves down keep dribbling and you’ll be able to remove, just make sure the retainer screw and bracket is off. I just dealt with this today on a carb.
I was able to get it out and polished up the brass and cleaned inside of the hole. In my picture it shows the brass part as low as it goes and obviously the retainer screw stops it from moving up more. Is the nail looking part supposed to move inside the brass? I got it all back together and it runs great now. I don’t want to tear it apart again but if it will cause issues down the line I will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom