Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey all - this was a tough decision, but I am officially out of the HIH event planning.

I have always had a great time and have met tons of lifetime friends. For me, the work involved has surpassed what I am getting out of it. I will be up in the mountains and all around Silverton that week. Hope to see you out there on a bike or in your rig.

I apologize for the lack of communication and delays this year. The two year hiatus really added to the challenges.

I am not sure what plans @paflytyer has for the event, but I am sure he will chime in.

-chris
daaaaaamn it!

hey all - this was a tough decision, but I am officially out of the HIH event planning.

I have always had a great time and have met tons of lifetime friends. For me, the work involved has surpassed what I am getting out of it. I will be up in the mountains and all around Silverton that week. Hope to see you out there on a bike or in your rig.

I apologize for the lack of communication and delays this year. The two year hiatus really added to the challenges.

I am not sure what plans @paflytyer has for the event, but I am sure he will chime in.

-chris
Understood and appreciated. I’ll see you all up there one way or the other.

The last two years have taken a toll on all of us, so we all understand. Thanks @bluecruiser for all of the hard work you've done on HIH over the years. I drove out there in 2013 for HIH3 not knowing a single person, but left with a life changing experience for me that has snowballed over the years to many new cruiser friends, a group of camping buddies in southerncruisers and a drive to help reform the local TLCA group Dixieland Cruisers to continue the adventures! We'll be in Silverton the last week of July, so I'll pack some extra IPAs for ya.

-chris
Chris-

Thank you for all that you did to help get HIH through 9 events.

Hope to catch you on the Trail-

Cheers Bud

-chris
Life comes with lots of hard decisions. You've got to do what's right for you and your family.

-chris
Sounds like maybe you don't have enough help. And these things take a whole community to pull together. And that you have, let's delegate some of the responsibilities, let you and whomever utilize your experience to lead the masses of highly capable adults. Thats the beauty of a car club, folks with all kinds of backgrounds and resources come together because of that one thing in common, but there is so much more we have to offer.

Sorry to hear it Chris. You were half the magic. The views are great, the trucks are great, the people are great, but you and Stan were the team that makes this event what it is. Anyone who has been to HIH will respect your decision, but we'll all feel the loss as well. Thanks for all of your hard work and countless hours to make the event into what it has become.

Chris, just seeing this now, but want to echo what the others already said, thanks for all the work you and Stan put into the event over the years. I only made it out twice ('17 & '19), but quickly learned it was going to be fun day on the trails if you were leading the group. Thanks for the laughs :beer:

I say this with all respect possible,

I am bummed I had to happen upon this thread instead of a direct contact (registered participant from 2020 email) letting me know that although patiently waiting to participate, due to whatever circumstance I now have to start all over and hope to get in. This especially since it can be pretty tough to get into this event.

I agree with the individual who asked “why not have those who are 100% sure they’re in reach out to 100’s in the Hills and confirm they’re 100% confirmed”. Makes more sense than a complete reset. If you "sold your 100 and now have a Tacoma or 200, sorry, this is a 100 only event".

I for one would gladly pay up and confirm I will be there right this moment if given the opportunity to do so. Say the word, I am in.

Last edited:
Maybe HIH evolves into an "un-official" gathering back to its roots ( a meet up )- like it has been for the past couple of summers. Where likeminded drivers of 100's- (or whatever- series you have) come to the San Juans's during the last week in July to meet up and ride trails with whoever you like to. Takes all the drama out of who gets in and doesn't.

Just make sure your truck is safe and well prepped for traveling 13k-14,k foot shelf roads and youre reasonably mechanically self sufficient.

Maybe HIH evolves into an "un-official" gathering back to its roots ( a meet up )- like it has been for the past couple of summers. Where likeminded drivers of 100's- (or whatever- series you have) come to the San Juans's during the last week in July to meet up and ride trails with whoever you like to. Takes all the drama out of who gets in and doesn't.

Just make sure your truck is safe and well prepped for traveling 13k-14,k foot shelf roads and youre reasonably mechanically self sufficient.

While we were looking forward to attending our first official HIH, the last two years of unofficial HIH gatherings have been a blast.

We were/are probably out this year anyway, due to post-coronapocalypse work schedule, and a little Silverton burnout after two consecutive years. We’ll probably wander back for any official or unofficial gathering in 2023 and/or 2024.

While we were looking forward to attending our first official HIH, the last two years of unofficial HIH gatherings have been a blast.

We were/are probably out this year anyway, due to post-coronapocalypse work schedule, and a little Silverton burnout after two consecutive years. We’ll probably wander back for any official or unofficial gathering in 2023 and/or 2024.

You could always join me the week prior up in Salida where I run the trails along the Collegiate Peaks before heading down to Silverton ;) Totally different topography with a solid mix of high altitude, forested gravel routes and a few super high altitude mountain climbs (Antero 13.981 feet and Peak 10 Breckenridge 13,429 ft). I do that every single year and will be doing it again this year as well

I like this idea 🙂

I like this idea 🙂

Maybe invite Stan and Chris and let them just “ride the tail” and experience the magic they gave to all of us, without having to lift a finger.

Well, my life is forever changed because of HIH, and that's no understatement... if you've been to one of these, you get that. Thanks Chris @bluecruiser for all the work you've put into this! And you too Stan @paflytyer for your support since the beginning.

Will do my best to make it out for Gary & Lee's super happy fun camp again this year... guys keep me posted! 🍻 :

Last edited:
All the mods I have on my 100 are from companies that have been sponsors of HIH (Gamiviti, Bump It Offroad, MetalTech, Trekboxx) so I can say my involvement with and participation in HIH has also had a huge impact for me just as it has for @nakman

Maybe invite Stan and Chris and let them just “ride the tail” and experience the magic they gave to all of us, without having to lift a finger.
Thanks Chris......yes, please invite me, I am down to meet up, hang out, tell some old Ironton toilet stories, etc. I plan to head out there, even if I am not invited, as well :cool:

The end of an era. Thank you guys, and all who attended the events for the memories 😪

We met some great folks, rode some amazing trails, and fell in love with the San Juan's over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom