Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Honestly bummed at this response. I registered for HIHX 2020. It was canceled. I was told I’d be in for 2021. It was canceled. And now this news comes.

And it makes perfect sense.

Billions of lives disrupted from a pretty stupid response to a virus but that’s beside the point. Businesses shut for good. Livelihoods lost. Trillions printed. Inflation out of control. We’re in a different world than we were 2 years ago.

I honestly couldn’t imagine having this kind of whiny reaction to having to reregister again and maybe not get a spot. This years event is on my calendar. Just like last years. Hope I get in. But if not, I’ll understand and move on. But man, get some perspective and chill out.

Of which none of us could/can really control. I refuse to let a bunch of global tyrants dictate my daily life, as much as possible anyway. Hopefully people can recover but it's certainly an uphill battle. I don't think it is whiny at all, it is an event many look forward to, and I can understand why someone would be disappointed.

But I'm also in the same boat, ironically enough this decision could save me a lot of money as I was waiting for event confirmation to buy a new camper. Should I now not get in my plans would change. No harm no foul. It definitely eases any "guilt" I'd have by missing out voluntarily. Hope everyone that gets to go has a good time.

it would not be the same without the southern boys...make sure you have your 18 devices ready on registration day.
Don't give away the insider secrets!

If not, we can linger on the public roads, watching from afar and have a Hundreds in the Parking lot party!

Are y'all giving out merit badges? I got in the middle of a Jeep merit badge ceremony at Bridal Veil Falls last July.

They looked serious about what they were doing. I stopped and let them go do their thing.

Is this the only merit badge that matters? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1647953654179.png

Last edited:
Glad to hear this is back on, wish I could make it out there this year. Signed up for Cruise Moab, and can't make two west coast trips a year.
See you all next year, hopefully.

Excited to see the official update coming soon, but REALLY disappointed that the spots on the list from the last two cancelled events won't be honored. I'm sure it's tough to manage, but that is lame. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been planning all year to make this happen three years in a row now. I'm just far enough away that attending the unofficial runs the last two years wasn't in the cards for me and have been really looking forward to this happening this year, based on the assurances previously that our spots were secure. Bummer.
We're working on it Steve. So much has changed since the last official over two years ago event and it's back to the old days of just Chris and I trying to manage everything. We are trying to recover all the emails but you can imagine the chaos of sending out 100 emails and only hearing back from some, some have new emails, some no longer own a 100 but want to come in their Jeep/Bronco/200/4Runner etc.

Hmm, would love to do this, what post # contains the details?

@bluecruiser, @paflytyer, great to see the update, glad you're both back at it.

Chris, at HIH9 you gave my 2 kids a ride from Tony's shop back to camp after I dropped my 100 off to have the muffler replaced. When I showed them the cover of this month's issue of Toyota Trails, they smiled and said, hey, I remember that truck. Good times.

@bluecruiser, @paflytyer, great to see the update, glad you're both back at it.

Chris, at HIH9 you gave my 2 kids a ride from Tony's shop back to camp after I dropped my 100 off to have the muffler replaced. When I showed them the cover of this month's issue of Toyota Trails, they smiled and said, hey, I remember that truck. Good times.
That is cool. Good times for sure.

Thanks for all of the effort @paflytyer and @bluecruiser!

I’m a little bummed that I also have been on the HiHX list for 2 years running and now will have to chance it fresh. I’ve gone chips all in with the family that we’re going to Silverton hell or HiH water if it happens!!

I mostly only get to attend the “even years” as we are coming all the way from Boston, so putting all the family plans aside while we wait for confirmation has gotten me cussed a bit.

Just hope I make it in, or I’ll have some serious explaining to do for offsetting the rest of the family’s summer plans for my desire to see all you cool cats again!

hey all - this was a tough decision, but I am officially out of the HIH event planning.

I have always had a great time and have met tons of lifetime friends. For me, the work involved has surpassed what I am getting out of it. I will be up in the mountains and all around Silverton that week. Hope to see you out there on a bike or in your rig.

I apologize for the lack of communication and delays this year. The two year hiatus really added to the challenges.

I am not sure what plans @paflytyer has for the event, but I am sure he will chime in.

-chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom