Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes great things happen along the way. I look at things in the way of enjoying the journey as much as the destination. My complete build is on schedule to be finished before May. I am getting a lot of enjoyment from the 100 already. I've helped to organize a monthly off-road group that is really starting to build critical mass. Lots of positive experiences already.

I am confident I will get to meet more mud members over the next year.

Appreciate the update and I understand you guys did what you could to make this event happen.

Will original HIHX attendees still have first dibs on a spot for HIHX 2022?

We're here..... the honest answer is that we simply don't know yet. Restrictions in Colorado are still too restrictive for us to hold the traditional event and every day that we miss right now makes it harder to pull everything together. I've been in contact with town and we currently have the building and land secured. Still no insurance which is a massive hurdle when trying to host a mass gathering event.

Cruise Moab was a shadow of the real event and that's not at all what we want for HIH, especially not for HIHX. Massively scaling down HIH makes it not HIH. No pot luck? No Saturday night meal? No coffee in the lodge? Sounds awful.

We don't want to do another virtual even either. It never came together like we had hoped. HIH is simply the gathering of all of us together and without that, it really isn't anything.

We're trying. We wish this was over but it's not. Covid cases are up in many areas around the state. As summer gets closer, more and more vacationers travel to Colorado from other states, that increases the likelihood that cases rise back up and we end up getting canceled. Spending the money and panning for an event when there's a likelihood of having to cancel last minute is a big gamble for us. We don't keep enough money in the HIH account to cover those kinds of losses and Chris and I would be out of pocket like the old days. That was easier when it was 30 people, not 300+.

Best update we have for now.

I’m not discounting your experience at Cruise Moab this year. For me, it was one of my favorites ever and reminded me of simpler times.

For Cruise Moab, we chose not to change the goal, but change the plan.

I can’t wait to hear the great stories that come from HIH!! One of these years I’ll pony up for a 100 and get to join in on the fun.

Best of luck on planning guys.

Tough call from @paflytyer and @bluecruiser , but it seems like the right thing to do. Thanks for the thought and time you've put into this over the last year.

I need another year for rust amelioration on my armor anyway.

OT: anyone looked at the Subaru page for the new Outback Wilderness? Photos look like an HiH brochure.

Sad to hear this. I totally respect the "Do it right, or don't do it at all" attitude though.

I’m not discounting your experience at Cruise Moab this year. For me, it was one of my favorites ever and reminded me of simpler times.

For Cruise Moab, we chose not to change the goal, but change the plan.

I can’t wait to hear the great stories that come from HIH!! One of these years I’ll pony up for a 100 and get to join in on the fun.

Best of luck on planning guys.
We’ve been to CM a time or two over the last 20 years. HIH and CM are completely different events though.

Where are you guys staying? I had planned on camping.

Not fully equipped for camping this first year with all of the other mods to the truck. Looking to camp next year. I'll be staying in a Silverton hotel July 26-31, then in Ouray from July 26 to Aug 2nd.

Reactions: jLB
I haven’t found a workable camping solution after back surgery, so I’m also in a Silverton hotel.

I will likely be there around the same time if I can figure out alternate camping or maybe share an AirBnB with a friend, but not @aaronrules because that guy is too cool for me.

I will likely be there around the same time if I can figure out alternate camping or maybe share an AirBnB with a friend, but not @aaronrules because that guy is too cool for me.
You gotta watch out. I camped with @aaronrules on the way to Cruise Moab and woke up with a bloody face!😵

I am pretty cool, but not as cool as the guy who pulled a giant trout out of a creek a couple years ago on a whim!
You gotta watch out. I camped with @aaronrules on the way to Cruise Moab and woke up with a bloody face!😵
I do believe I may have been half dead in my chair when you decided to face plant...both happened because @atnolan94 brought more tequila than the three of us should have consumed.

I am pretty cool, but not as cool as the guy who pulled a giant trout out of a creek a couple years ago on a whim!

I do believe I may have been half dead in my chair when you decided to face plant...both happened because @atnolan94 brought more tequila than the three of us should have consumed.
So are you trying to say you weren't involved?😬

Hey I brought it but y’all chose to drink it with me!!!

EFAB979D-3B92-461F-ABB5-F800BA6804F6.jpeg

-Those that were registered in 2020 will remain on the list for HIHX 2022
-Moving the location this year still wouldn't have alleviated the social distancing restrictions
-Silverton is open, come enjoy, camp, wheel and vacation

DATES FOR HIHX ARE JULY 27-JULY 31 2022

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom