Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back when I had much worse taste in vehicles, I did the full alpine loop from Silverton over Cinnamon to Lake City then over Engineer to Ouray on AT tires, and managed not to get a flat until I got back to 550

IMG_0662.JPG

DSCF6683.JPG

No, there aren’t sleepers in silverton

How are the mosquitos at the camping spot? Asking for my 12-year-old daughter.
If you're camped near stagnant water, there will likely be some but it's not usually that bad, if any.

As someone that lives within ~60 miles of someplace that has an annual "Mosquito Festival"

I didn't notice any biting insects around Silverton last year...

Sounds like a Mosquito Hunt is in order for the 11th annual event. Winner gets a free ... hub flange gasket from CruiserOutfitters, maybe?

Sounds like a Mosquito Hunt is in order for the 11th annual event. Winner gets a free ... hub flange gasket from CruiserOutfitters, maybe?
I might be convinced to give one of my TechStream tablets, to whoever can find the most mosquitos in Silverton.

GAME ON

Cheaters shall be hanged, gutted, drawn, and quartered medieval style. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: jLB
Cheaters shall be hanged, gutted, drawn, and quartered medieval style. Just a suggestion.
You left out bled dry by mosquitos first.

If you're camped right up against the pond that's south of the lodge, you will likely get a few bites. I did a few years back.

Probably more important to worry about getting one of the tickets to HIH, considering everyone from last year has a pass to this year considering last year didn't happen.

Mosquitos are minimal the years I've been there. Visit the beartooth mountains around the many lakes and you'll get ate up in June/July.

Once they are hanged, they couldn't care less about the other stuff!
Allegedly!

Had a spot when it got canceled last year, so I have a spot for this year (fingers crossed). What is the final day like? I think I remember reading a rough schedule somewhere in one of the ten HIH discussions, but I can't find it. Looking for details of what August 1 will look like. Going to be heading back to Denver to pick up the wife and visit my nephew at CU Boulder, and I wanted to make sure August 1 is the break down and head out day.

Looking like a couple days up in Boulder, then a couple days fishing down on the South Platte, then a couple days in Moab before we start heading home. Hopefully, a trip through the LC museum in SLC works out on the way home to Oregon.

Beginning to wonder if there will be an event this year. Hoping no news is good news. Wonder when we will hear yea or nay.

Had a spot when it got canceled last year, so I have a spot for this year (fingers crossed). What is the final day like? I think I remember reading a rough schedule somewhere in one of the ten HIH discussions, but I can't find it. Looking for details of what August 1 will look like. Going to be heading back to Denver to pick up the wife and visit my nephew at CU Boulder, and I wanted to make sure August 1 is the break down and head out day.

Looking like a couple days up in Boulder, then a couple days fishing down on the South Platte, then a couple days in Moab before we start heading home. Hopefully, a trip through the LC museum in SLC works out on the way home to Oregon.

Final day is a mix of people heading out and people riding trails. One year we rode trails and then left that afternoon, the other year we stayed over night (until Monday) and then broke camp and left. I'd guess that somewhere around 75% of attendees are gone by Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom