Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stan I gotta tell ya. I attended several big events last year. I’m not gonna name names but 1 was the 3rd largest Toyota event in the US and 1 was in its 29th year. I was very excited. Unfortunately NONE OF THEM WAS EVEN CLOSE to HIH and it’s organization and flow. I was very disappointed. It really showed just how great HIH is and how hard you and @bluecruiser work on making it a success. HIH is by far the best event going. Everyone feels welcomed and it’s just so smooth and fun. Thanks to you guys I’ve made friends at HIH that will last a lifetime.
Thanks again for everything you and Chris do to make the best event in the nation happen.
@ga12r1 is just kissing ass so he can still come to HIH when he trades his Land Cruiser in for the new Bronco.

@ga12r1 is just kissing ass so he can still come to HIH when he trades his Land Cruiser in for the new Bronco.
Ha. No way. I’m Toyota ride or die. If anyone was going to a new ride I figured it might be you! Last time I saw a photo of you rig it looked REAL close to being totaled. I don’t see how your still insured! o_O

You’re mean.
No way man. I’m impressed. You blew a front diff then went back and basically totaled your truck. That’s some serious trail cred. ;)

No way man. I’m impressed. You blew a front diff then went back and basically totaled your truck. That’s some serious trail cred. ;)
Pics or it didn't happen!

I think someone tried to squeeze a 100 series down a trail meant for SXS and crawlers

Thanks Lee. That means a lot. Chris and I are super proud of what HIH has become and there are a ton of people (you included) that help make that happen.

Silverton will always be our home but the trails are getting so busy. Remember when Super Secret was actually a secret? Anyone seen the new Honda commercial? It's Super Secret, South Mineral, Ophir and the river trail.

I've been working on a HIH Montana for a few years. Chris @bluecruiser and Andy @AimCOtaco and Makee @smakee and Alex @dubitup are finally coming around. Tiny town (way smaller than Silverton), incredible scenery, beautiful trails, wolves, grizzly bears, moose, elk, deer, close to Yellowstone, great fly fishing..... but it'll be like starting over in Ironton. No cell service, very limited accommodations, very limited services of any kind. We've been traveling and staying there for years as a family and we know most of the full-time residents now. I've been working with the small Chamber of Commerce on ideas of how to accommodate 50 trucks and 100+ people. Checking out a potential lodge in May.

But first..... HIHX.

Just say when.

Dude, I gave you a sweet CB antenna at HIH9 and now I'm a HAM nerd?! Sheesh... coolest guy we knew! :D:p
I look at the pics from that year and it looks like my truck has a skinny unicorn horn. It worked and I really appreciate you loaning my the antenna, but for us “regular” folk, $30 and GMRS is the way to go.
i
I'm still hoping for HIH East of the Mississippi. A 26 hour drive (realistically 30+ with the 10+ fuel stops) from SC really kills if for me, even though I'd absolutely love to go.

I'd be up for a long weekend event at Windrock, even if it's only 10-30 trucks.
@ga12r1 might be able to shed some light on something. Maybe...just maybe. It’ll be different strictly because of the geography, but I think an event for us IFS cruisers at Windrock would be super awesome! If and when he gets it all together, I’m totally in! Especially if happens during the time of year when the weather is hot as balls!

I look at the pics from that year and it looks like my truck has a skinny unicorn horn. It worked and I really appreciate you loaning my the antenna, but for us “regular” folk, $30 and GMRS is the way to go.
i

@ga12r1 might be able to shed some light on something. Maybe...just maybe. It’ll be different strictly because of the geography, but I think an event for us IFS cruisers at Windrock would be super awesome! If and when he gets it all together, I’m totally in! Especially if happens during the time of year when the weather is hot as balls!
I just wanted to make it clear that if I was ever involved in organizing an eastern Cruiser event it would be during a different time of the year than HIH and would not be in any competition with HIH. I have way too much respect for @paflytyer and @bluecruiser. Those guys work too hard to make HIH great. While I think there could possibly be room for an IFS Cruiser event in the east this isn’t the thread to discuss it, because one would have no connection with the other. Let’s talk about HIHX. It’s gonna be great and I can’t wait!!!

Last edited:
doh! thanks. I went back and found it. The #southernlandcruisers will be back again for sure!

Can we get this added to the event calendar?

For this year's HIH will most people get into town on Monday, July 26 and depart on Sunday 1st?

For this year's HIH will most people get into town on Monday, July 26 and depart on Sunday 1st?

Most will likely arrive either Monday or Tuesday if the HIH campsite opens on Tuesday as it appears scheduled at this point (looks like we might get an extra day compared to previous editions.....YAY). The HIH campsite usually opens at noon in previous years on the first day of the event. Looks like that might be Tuesday 7/27 this year. So, if you arrive Monday or earlier, you'll need to find accommodations if you're planning on staying in the HIH campground at Kendall. I'll be working out my usual plan of hitting Salida area the week prior and rolling into Silverton on that Monday.

Most will likely arrive either Monday or Tuesday if the HIH campsite opens on Tuesday as it appears scheduled at this point (looks like we might get an extra day compared to previous editions.....YAY). The HIH campsite usually opens at noon in previous years on the first day of the event. Looks like that might be Tuesday 7/27 this year. So, if you arrive Monday or earlier, you'll need to find accommodations if you're planning on staying in the HIH campground at Kendall. I'll be working out my usual plan of hitting Salida area the week prior and rolling into Silverton on that Monday.

Since this is my first trip and still working to accumulate camping gear, I'll make accommodations at some hotel in Silverton. I have friends in the area to see over the weekend. I'll get to Silverton Monday afternoon and check in the hotel. Then Tuesday morning is there a registration for the HIH participants? I'll get up and head back Sunday morning the 1st.

Since this is my first trip and still working to accumulate camping gear, I'll make accommodations at some hotel in Silverton. I have friends in the area to see over the weekend. I'll get to Silverton Monday afternoon and check in the hotel. Then Tuesday morning is there a registration for the HIH participants? I'll get up and head back Sunday morning the 1st.

Yes, the registration is on day one around noon (at least in previous years). You'll pick up your participant packet and raffle ticket(s) along with you badge and windscreen decal. That's also the time they open the Kendall campground for participants to setup.

For accommodations, I'm a big fan of the Avon and the Wyman. Inga has a really cool roadhouse out on 550 (1/4 mile NW of the main gas station on the south side of town). She and her husband are really cool people. They were in the midst of renovations last summer, but I'd think would be done by end of this Spring. It's called the Columbine Roadhouse.

Yes, the registration is on day one around noon (at least in previous years). You'll pick up your participant packet and raffle ticket(s) along with you badge and windscreen decal. That's also the time they open the Kendall campground for participants to setup.

For accommodations, I'm a big fan of the Avon and the Wyman. Inga has a really cool roadhouse out on 550 (1/4 mile NW of the main gas station on the south side of town). She and her husband are really cool people. They were in the midst of renovations last summer, but I'd think would be done by end of this Spring. It's called the Columbine Roadhouse.

Thanks. I'll check into it. I booked in a place called the Grand Imperial Hotel because it was available, seemed reasonably priced, middle of town, and had no cancellation fee. I'm not really crazy about the antique looks. Will do it if I can't find anything else more comfortable looking.

Just pray it doesn't rain forever and that you don't have a flat-roofed tent! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom