Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you Chris and Stan for all of your diligence during these unprecedented times. Like you all, and the other attendees, I'm disappointed that we are postponing but I personally believe it's likely for the best.

I look forward to seeing you all next year!

My guess is that many people will be making it out to Silverton even with the postponement of HIH. It is just a matter of making sure to comply with keeping the numbers in the groups in line with state guidelines. I already had trips to the San Juans planned beyond just going to HIH this year.

This is perfectly said, thank you. HIH has a great reputation in the Silverton/San Juan community that we need all your help to maintain. We understand that many of you will show up and enjoy the San Juans and Silverton. Unfortunately, the official HIH activity is cancelled because we were not going to be able to comply with all of the restrictions while keeping our event amazing. We trust that all folks will do their best to respect any community that you travel to and comply with their local regulations.....Thank you!

Bummer but understandable given the situation. I just moved out to Montrose Colorado 3 weeks ago and was looking forward to meeting and making some new friend. I'm interested in small group runs as I would rather go with someone else first time up these passes.

We appreciate the support and the ideas. It's super rad to see everyone's suggestions and we've already received emails and messages asking about donating money. It's super thoughtful and part of what makes this group so great. Everyone understands that this event belongs to all of us. The only donation that we need is the $15 less on the refunds. It covers the few things we couldn't get refunded on our end and covers all the fees associated with refunding everyone. We did not want to hold anyone's money for a year, especially during these difficult times. We'd rather put that cash back in your pockets and hope you'll spend it on a t-shirt and fuel to participate in the HIH 2020 VirtuALL Escape.

Please consider purchasing a t-shirt for the virtual event (they're gonna be rad) and we may have a few small items that we're working on (Buff-style face/neck gaiter that you can use if your state has face-cover restrictions.) Our governor is most-likely going to require face coverings for businesses here in Colorado. At least that's the rumor.

We really think this is gonna be a fun thing to do and we do not know of another event doing something like this. We're such a unique group with a cool connection to one another. We have a list of challenges that will be fun for everyone to complete.
Things like:
Post a photo of your 100 by a lake.
Post a photo of your 100 at a state line.
Post a photo of your 100 on a new trail.... a campsite, a summit, a river... etc. Some will be harder to complete than others. You get the idea. We'll have the appropriate hashtags once it's all set. We're planning to blow social media up in a good way. Expect cool things.

@paflytyer and @bluecruiser appreciate that HIH doesn't need additional donation. But can you help direct me (maybe others) about how I can donate to the town of Silverton in a meaningful way? I recall in years past that HIH has been able to provide a donation as a group and I'd like to do my bit to help the town out beyond eating at the restaurants when I go through.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks @paflytyer and @bluecruiser .

I second @neilsen100 . Would it be easy to setup a donation for partial proceeds of a YotaMD fob? I have something lining up to release this year for the 100 series fobs and it'd be cool to donate some proceeds to Silverton. I'm sure this year is going to rough for some folks with the reduction in events and visitors spending money in town. If there's an easy way we can help out the town, please let us know how to do that.

^^We're working with DeAnne, Inga (Coffee Bear) and Lisa Branner in town to see where help may be needed. As of right now, everything for them is up in the air. They expect to lose a few businesses but many folks will do okay, as long as the train gets going in July. We're on it and we'll have more info soon.

I'm planning on being there with my family of 5 that week. We're keeping our couple nights of hotel reservations and will plan on camping 2-3 nights as well. I'd love to meet up with folks while we're there. Loop me into any threads organizing gatherings that week if you think about it, but I'll try to keep an eye out as well. The scavenger hunt idea sounds fun!

Sad it had to get cancelled, but know it's for the best. I know it's the last thing Stan or Chris wanted to do. I'm absolutely going next year! Will miss seeing everyone this year. HIH is the one event I look forward too. I'm definitely heading up regardless and will take LOTS of photos....by lakes and such :) My plans for the week of HIHX aren't changing one bit. I'm heading to Salida on the 17th of July, camping there (above town at a super secluded site) and cruising the trails and passes in that area. Then heading down to Silverton to spend a few days running all the passes there and contributing what I can to the local economy. As always, if anyone wants to join me, they're welcome to.....even if it's just for a day or two. Feel free to PM me or text me anytime. If you're just going solo and not familiar with the areas, PM me and I'll be happy to share all of my GPX files for every single off-road trail and pass in Colorado. For people who have never driven the trails along the Collegiate Range, there are TONS of great options ranging from long, secluded and scenic gravel runs to passes similar to the San Juans (TinCup, Mosquito, Mt Princeton, etc).

@paflytyer @bluecruiser .... THANK you both for everything y'all do. Thank you to the other contributors on your team that volunteer so much of their time. All of us really appreciate everything y'all have done and continue to do to support this community. You guys are the absolute BEST! You can count me IN for next year.

Stan @paflytyer, Chris @bluecruiser and other organizer...really appreciate the thoughtfulness towards the attendees and community in these strange and difficult times. No doubt postponing HIH was a difficult decision! 100% support and look forward to seeing what we can do to help the community. Hope to see y’all on the trail!

I'm definitely heading up regardless and will take LOTS of photos....by lakes and such :) My plans for the week of HIHX aren't changing one bit.

Gary is the one person that may be able to complete all 100 challenges (whoops.... see what we did there? ;))

Seriously.... this challenge thing may end up being super cool. We're working on some stuff.

Gary is the one person that may be able to complete all 100 challenges (whoops.... see what we did there? ;))

Seriously.... this challenge thing may end up being super cool. We're working on some stuff.

Challenge accepted! I've been cooped up too long and NEED something constructive to do.....besides working on my rig :)

@paflytyer @bluecruiser .... THANK you both for everything y'all do. Thank you to the other contributors on your team that volunteer so much of their time. All of us really appreciate everything y'all have done and continue to do to support this community. You guys are the absolute BEST! You can count me IN for next year.
Stan @paflytyer, Chris @bluecruiser and other organizer...really appreciate the thoughtfulness towards the attendees and community in these strange and difficult times. No doubt postponing HIH was a difficult decision! 100% support and look forward to seeing what we can do to help the community. Hope to see y’all on the trail!

What more can be said - Thank You Stan & Chris and Team HIH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom