Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leaving for HIHX today even though we won’t be going straight to Colorado. We will be stopping in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and other points yet to be determined. Just to hot in Vegas.

Hopefully we didn’t forget to pack anything.
View attachment 2327009
OK this is a cruise ship!

Reactions: GTV
Leaving for HIHX today even though we won’t be going straight to Colorado. We will be stopping in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and other points yet to be determined. Just to hot in Vegas.

Hopefully we didn’t forget to pack anything.
View attachment 2327009

o_O and I thought scheduling two weeks of vacation, for HIH, was feeling rather decadent and luxurious!

Stop giving my wife ideas. She already wants an RV. If she sees this, she'll be convinced we can both have our cake and eat it too!

Very cool setup, in all seriousness. What a way to travel!

Same here! My wife grew up riding around in coaches, so she thinks a class c is the perfect idea.

I just can't wrap my brain around spending $70-80k for one. But they are awesome!

You guys and your 40' diesel pushers! How are we going to stay 6' away from those monsters?!

@maxse01 whatever one you get, just make sure there's a lock on the exterior beer fridge!!!

You guys and your 40' diesel pushers! How are we going to stay 6' away from those monsters?!

@maxse01 whatever one you get, just make sure there's a lock on the exterior beer fridge!!!

I don't need a lock, you don't care for my high octane IPA's anyway. :rofl:

Same here! My wife grew up riding around in coaches, so she thinks a class c is the perfect idea.

I just can't wrap my brain around spending $70-80k for one. But they are awesome!
Seems like a better value than spending that amount for a new Land Cruiser.

Seems like a better value than spending that amount for a new Land Cruiser.

I'm not coming to the same conclusion. I'm pretty sure purchasing a shiny new Land Cruiser wouldn't be a major change for me. From previous experience, an expectation of 300+ days of annual usage and 10+ years of ownership isn't unreasonable. Fits in standard parking spaces, and parking garages.

Got new comms for the cruisers today :p;)

4477B700-1B85-4AE8-830C-4F7281993CA2.jpeg

Got new comms for the cruisers today :p;)

View attachment 2328870

(Treading dangerously close to the radio communications discussion)

I've been thinking about some of these, for a couple of my vehicles, because my kid keeps dragging his feet on his tech license. I'd be curious to hear how it works out.

What antenna are you planning on using, and where are you planning on installing?

(Treading dangerously close to the radio communications discussion)

I've been thinking about some of these, for a couple of my vehicles, because my kid keeps dragging his feet on his tech license. I'd be curious to hear how it works out.

What antenna are you planning on using, and where are you planning on installing?
I’m using these antennas MicroMobile® MXTA26 6db Gain Whip Antenna | Midland Radio
I’m using a fender mount from @nakman and I’m installing the radio by my leg on the side of the console in the 200.
I haven’t made a decision on where to mount in the 100 yet.

F3455DD4-2541-494A-9515-E3C630117101.jpeg

EDE24DDD-E4C6-4AFE-8DD1-A9DFC3917903.jpeg

Midland is running a buy one, get one 50% off right now on those micromobiles! Anyone interesting in going in on one with me? Offer ends tonight from them.
1591232189433.png

If tip toeing the comms line isn't advisable I would merely offer up some of Indiana's fine craft brews to anyone that would be willing to give a quick once over of my install. I received my tech license a few months ago and would have general but the exams were cancelled, but I will have my system done in the next week or so.

If tip toeing the comms line isn't advisable I would merely offer up some of Indiana's fine craft brews to anyone that would be willing to give a quick once over of my install. I received my tech license a few months ago and would have general but the exams were cancelled, but I will have my system done in the next week or so.
if a remote consultation is appealing i'd be happy to help! I've become more interested in HAM lately than cruisers...

I didn't think that it was possible to get just the rubber bushings for a steering rack. I just swapped from worn rubber bushings to Whiteline today. I have a 99 and the rear on the driver's side was a little rough to get in! I am hoping that I will have better luck than you did with the Whitelines. The previous owner ran my truck with 35s and Hutchinsons. The weight of that combo ruined the rubber bushings in a new rack he installed in about 20k miles.
Toyota does not sell the rubber bushing for 100 series steering racks & pinions (R&P). But the re-builders of R&P have OE rubber bushings. Rubber does not last as long as poly . But they give the stock feel and same absorption of shock as OEM rubber bushing.

I have used both rubber and poly. I've done with this in place and with R&P out of vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom