Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not getting political, but this so ridiculous. The fact that they think it’s acceptable to restrict commerce, even in the interest of “public health” is outrageous. I’m going no matter what, hopefully whatever they choose to fine me is disbursed amongst the local businesses they’re wrongfully condemning to bankruptcy.

Yeah- My sentiment exactly.

Look - its mid May and lots of good can happen between now and July or even mid June as far as restrictions loosening. Keep the vibes positive !!

While my family and I were very much looking forward to our first ever HIH (to put it lightly)...I understand it's highly unlikely we'll be able to bring 300 folks together now. It's my selfish hope, that this years group will be able to attend next year without fear of missing out on the lotto : )

For those who are able, what do yall think about donating our registration fee to the local businesses who could use the support?

Last edited:
I am in Denver and I am flexible on when I can go to the San Juans. I am not 100% sure that I will make it there this year. All bets are off if cases begin to rise again. Who knows...

Hell, you cannot even camp in Moab right now. So technically you can go to Moab, but you cannot camp.

Moab has changed restrictions recently, commercial campgrounds are open. It is just public land campgrounds that are closed.
Current Moab Status
  • Arches & Canyonlands National Parks – Closed – Opening May 29th!

• Dead Horse Point State Park – Open

• Trails (OHV/Hiking/Biking) on Public Land (BLM) – Open

• Developed Campgrounds on Public Land (BLM) – Closed

• Dispersed Camping on Public Land (BLM) – Closed

• Commercial Campgrounds & RV Parks – Open

• Overnight Accommodations (Hotels/Motels/B&B’s/Condos/Guest Homes) – Open

• Restaurants – Open

• Guides & Outfitters – Open

• Equipment Rentals – Open

• Vehicle Rentals – Open

• Shops & Galleries – Open

Moab has changed restrictions recently, commercial campgrounds are open. It is just public land campgrounds that are closed.
Current Moab Status
  • Arches & Canyonlands National Parks – Closed – Opening May 29th!

• Dead Horse Point State Park – Open

• Trails (OHV/Hiking/Biking) on Public Land (BLM) – Open

• Developed Campgrounds on Public Land (BLM) – Closed

• Dispersed Camping on Public Land (BLM) – Closed

• Commercial Campgrounds & RV Parks – Open

• Overnight Accommodations (Hotels/Motels/B&B’s/Condos/Guest Homes) – Open

• Restaurants – Open

• Guides & Outfitters – Open

• Equipment Rentals – Open

• Vehicle Rentals – Open

• Shops & Galleries – Open

LOL! Hotels/Motels = open, but Dispersed Camping on "Public" Land = closed? I mean, "dispersed" and "social distancing" are one in the same, right? They've opened everything where social distancing is difficult and none of the things where it's actually easy. SMDH.

LOL! Hotels/Motels = open, but Dispersed Camping on "Public" Land = closed? I mean, "dispersed" and "social distancing" are one in the same, right? They've opened everything where social distancing is difficult and none of the things where it's actually easy. SMDH.

Don't even get me started..... The stupidity of our public leaders in these situations.... our Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins is up there with the worst. Ugh.

If dispersed stayed dispersed, it wouldn't be a problem. But everyone needs gas and groceries from the same few businesses, in a small town that doesn't have the resources or manpower to handle an outbreak. It's a town of 5,000 that regularly sees 1M people per year. I'm sure Silverton is much the same.

More from @DRANGED regarding Moab in Chat: Moab and SE Utah locked down. ISOLATE AT HOME!.

Time for a group buy on long-range tanks, I think. :hillbilly:

For those who are able, what do yall think about donating our registration fee to the local businesses who could use the support?

I am on board with that. The Silverton Chamber of Commerce is probably the most trustworthy to manage it. Whatever Chris and Stan think is best.

97667901_2526400654292427_4882453568654671872_n.jpg

If dispersed stayed dispersed, it wouldn't be a problem. But everyone needs gas and groceries from the same few businesses, in a small town that doesn't have the resources or manpower to handle an outbreak. It's a town of 5,000 that regularly sees 1M people per year. I'm sure Silverton is much the same.

More from @DRANGED regarding Moab in Chat: Moab and SE Utah locked down. ISOLATE AT HOME!.

Time for a group buy on long-range tanks, I think. :hillbilly:

But the people who stay in the now open hotels/motels are getting gas and dining in restaurants. At least the dispersed campers might only make 1 visit into town vs staying for 4-7 days.

I'd be ALL over a group buy for a Long Range Tank!

But the people who stay in the now open hotels/motels are getting gas and dining in restaurants. At least the dispersed campers might only make 1 visit into town vs staying for 4-7 days.

I'd be ALL over a group buy for a Long Range Tank!

What we're hearing here is that commercial places can keep people employed cleaning and keeping things safe, following regulations, etc. BLM doesn't have the resources to do the same (and there isn't much to clean, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). There's no right answer I think—they're trying to strike a balance between safety and keeping the town busy enough that people still have at least some income. Restricting to hotels and commercial camps also serves to slow down the influx of visitors.

I think dispersed camping will open up pretty soon. Unfortunately it's not exactly an economic engine for anyone, or a very indirect one at best.

For those of you that are heading to the hills, just wear a mask when you're in inside public spaces. When dining, eat outside or better yet order take out and best yet, make your own food. Social distancing blah blah blah, etc, just keep your space from people but when you MUST go inside where others are too, just wear a mask. Please.
These are simple ways to help protect the high Risk individuals, like the people that have to work inside the grocery store for 8 hours while you only shop inside for 10 minutes. Risk for you is low, but you could be an asymptomatic virus spreader. That's the Crux. No one knows who is shedding esp. considering 25% to 50% of spreaders may be asymptomatic.

It's actually very simple things to help slow the spread and people need to get behind it. The more people not behind it the faster we're going to see a second resurgence and a third Spike, etcetera etcetera. yes commerce needs to happen but we can also do simple things to mitigate spread, it doesn't have to be wide open floodgates like high-density high contact New York City. While their cases are going down, the US (sans NY data) is still rising, but it's patchwork across the country. Without a unified plan we do not have unified presentation and spread. We can all be part of the solution while supporting small economies and businesses by doing simple measures.

Please, for all.... 🙏👍

Last edited:
Probably going to get some hate for this.... but I believe this is not as bad as they want you to think it is.

Ive travelled through multiple states, flown, been in contact with healthcare personnel through this whole ”pandemic” and still do not test positive for the virus or antibodies. And all these tests have been done after dining in restaurants and bars in the past 2 weeks. I was required to do the tests to get into a medical facility.

I think it just comes down to being smart about it. I know people who have tested positive and they pretty much knew the isolated interaction when they got it. Wash your hands, avoid direct contact when in public, wear a mask if you have a cough or other symptoms. Just be safe.

As for HIH, I hope it happens, but will understand if it can’t. Large gatherings are going to be a challenge for a while. But I will still be going to recreate in areas I’m allowed to.

Let’s not ask @paflytyer and @bluecruiser what the plan is for next year before they have said what is going to happen this year. I bet they are smart enough to be able to say what’s going to happen this year AND have a plan in place for any registration questions people have about this year and next year.

Can we please please please not discuss politics or political worldview in this thread?

I have been to seven of these events and not one time have I ever been in a political discussion, which is awfully refreshing :)

Back on topic, hopefully this event will happen, and the Southern crew will be allowed to unveil our potluck contribution this year as planned. It’s months in the making, and it will be glorious.

Seriously tho, fingers crossed all this works out.

Back on topic, hopefully this event will happen, and the Southern crew will be allowed to unveil our potluck contribution this year as planned. It’s months in the making, and it will be glorious.

Seriously tho, fingers crossed all this works out.

To help get us back on topic: here's the morning view and other views I'm hoping for come late July :)

Col Trails 2019 RW (503).jpg

Col Trails 2019 RW (324).jpg

Col Trails 2019 RW (266).jpg

Col Trails 2019 RW (391).jpg

Col Trails 2019 RW (408).jpg

Man, that sheriff needs a serious wake up call. Fingers crossed the event can still happen!

So . . . . .
Along side the hundos, does the population of 80s and the population of GX470s also average out ... 😆😆😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom