Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And by soon, I mean now......fancy heat map representation of the registered folks.View attachment 2240608

Those Massachusetts and Southern Florida peeps have got some serious ROAD driving ahead of them! I will not complain about my 750 mile drive from Austin.

@geanes I was bummed for you (and the HIH community) when you initially posted that you couldn't get a slot, but super thrilled you got in. You've been incredibly generous with your knowledge of the area. And besides just sharing information, every year I've attended (and I'm sure years prior) you've posted an open invitation to the ih8mud community to join you for the drive in. I think that type of community is one of the things that makes this event so special.

So I originally posted a generic “confirmed” or something like that.

I have had a rough week. Last Saturday I started to de-winterize the camper and noticed stains on the ceilings which I first thought were a leak but now are actually condensation stains. A little irritated there because I bought it new in July ‘19. Had to leave my home State for work for six weeks the next day and after a drive where my truck broke down on the side of the interstate I got to the campground and it kept tripping main breakers. 24/7 assistance which I have for a year didn’t respond. Had to go back home and come back the next day, got it in to a local dealership where they found the issue and fixed it. Got back to the campground and set up in a downpour.

Woke up the next morning completely soaked from condensation and had to deal with that. Thursday night went to buy a larger propane tank since it was getting into the 20’s and spent four hours after work trying to get the right fittings. Last night my truck door on the passenger side quit opening. Find out around 1pm today that the Illinois Government is forcing all restaurants and bars to close so now I have to get drive through food (which I haven’t eaten in over seven years) or carryout. I’m working 72 hours a week for the next ten weeks and not at home most of them but in my small camper that has been giving me problems. Ok, I’ll adapt. More frequent grocery store trips. Find out two hours later that the same lousy government has closed the State Parks so now I am evicted with no place to stay.

Getting registered is one of the few bright spots this week. After I saw all of the questions I thought I wouldn’t get it done in time, but fortunately I did.

So thanks, and yes, confirmed.

Now I gotta find a place that isn’t run by the State of Illinois and has some hookups.
Dang it man. If you'd mentioned trains, mom, truck, prison or getting drunk, you'd have the perfect country and western song.

Dang it man. If you'd mentioned trains, mom, truck, prison or getting drunk, you'd have the perfect country and western song.

I was drunk
The day my mom
Got out of prison...

Funny enough we blasted this song at HIH8 and you should’ve seen the deer in the headlights look on the California boys faces when everyone from Texas and Oklahoma and Arkansas knew every word!

You don’t have to call me darlin.....DARLIN 🎶 @mattafact

Not so alone. Shipping and flying out again this year?

I'm driving out next month for Cruise Moab, then leaving it at @COGerding 's house until HIHX.

What's your plan?

I was drunk
The day my mom
Got out of prison...

Funny enough we blasted this song at HIH8 and you should’ve seen the deer in the headlights look on the California boys faces when everyone from Texas and Oklahoma and Arkansas knew every word!

Thanks for the heads up I will bring my noise cancelling headphones ;)

That's hilarious. I can still recall my dad playing this on his turntable when I was a little kid. And any time I hear it, I turn it up loud and sing along with my wife and kids rolling their eyes at me.

Ain't 750 miles...

Well, technically 863 miles from my doorstep to Salida (where I go prior to Silverton) But, I spend a week on my property northwest of Austin prior to heading up, so I was referencing that :) I probably shouldn't have referenced "Austin" in my statement. NW of Pontotoc is more accurate.

I thought my 1,300 mile trip one way was a bunch..lol
We tow our 4500lb camper to HIH and back from South Ga, it’s 1900 miles one way. For the entire trip we are 65mph and 3200rpm. We do it in a little less than two days. Leave at 6pm after work Saturday and arrive in Silverton about 2 pm Monday afternoon.
It’s a haul.

9C324B4B-06C2-4667-85ED-1363CE2CBEE6.jpeg

We tow our 4500lb camper to HIH and back from South Ga, it’s 1900 miles one way. For the entire trip we are 65mph and 3200rpm. We do it in a little less than two days. Leave at 6pm after work Saturday and arrive in Silverton about 2 pm Monday afternoon.
It’s a haul.

View attachment 2240943

LOVE that Jayco trailer. I'll be doing the 4.88 conversion later this Spring and possibly the transfer case re-gear as well. Figure the new gearing should help when I tow my little trailer over the CO passes. Also, will be nice to have a better "crawl" gear.

I was drunk
The day my mom
Got out of prison...

I was like, what are these kissin cousin bumpkins singing about? Then I learned the lyrics and sang right along. Hell of a song.

Anyone else coming from California???

Yup. I'm in the central valley. You?

LOVE that Jayco trailer. I'll be doing the 4.88 conversion later this Spring and possibly the transfer case re-gear as well. Figure the new gearing should help when I tow my little trailer over the CO passes. Also, will be nice to have a better "crawl" gear.

I had George put the low tcase gears and the tcase underdrive in before last HIH. So worth it. Still tows like crap but unloaded it's much nicer. Crawls way better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom