Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020*

jLB

Another one followed me home. Can we keep it?
SILVER Star
Good.. So there have been 13 official and unofficial gatherings since 2011.
9 official…
3 unofficial 2020, 2021, & 2022…

Unless I missed something, I get 12. 🤔

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
9 official…
3 unofficial 2020, 2021, & 2022…

Unless I missed something, I get 12. 🤔
That's right. 10 didn't officially happen.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
If wonder if there are any pictures from the 1st one?

jLB

Another one followed me home. Can we keep it?
SILVER Star
If wonder if there are any pictures from the 1st one?

OwnerCS

GOLD Star

This is great! Thank you Jay!

nakman

addict.
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.gamiviti.com
he he...

hih_meme.png

Austin Hot Shoe

SILVER Star
I have heard there may be another 100's event at the end of July in Silverton, @ga12r1 ?

abuck99

SILVER Star
Can anyone tell me the largest 100s in the hills group meeting from the past? Also, it looks like there have been 13 events considering official and unofficial. Correct me if I am wrong.
Craig- I think #8 or #9 had in excess of 100 trucks and guessing with all the kids and other passengers- average 2.5 persons per vehicle- 250 crowd total +/-

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Craig- I think #8 or #9 had in excess of 100 trucks and guessing with all the kids and other passengers- average 2.5 persons per vehicle- 250 crowd total +/-
That's a good number.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
From what I’ve heard HIHX is happening next year….
I would say that offering it soon will be good as I'm seeing people locking in on their Colorado vacations already.

bamabrock

Ain’t Life Grand
SILVER Star
Can anyone tell me the largest 100s in the hills group meeting from the past? Also, it looks like there have been 13 events considering official and unofficial. Correct me if I am wrong.
There were about 30 us in 100s at HIH3 and 100+ at the last few HIH

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
One thing that I know is that 100 series owners know how to scale up. :)

cboyd

GOLD Star
One of my favorite HIH trip reports 😂

I was on that trip with John and his family, and only 2 cars behind him on black bear… indeed a great report. I don’t think I had seen that. This was only second to @ntsaint in the car between us, when his wife said “nope” at the waterfall and hopped out to walk the stretch to the first switchback. I think it was the slight hop of the rear axle towards the edge that did it for her…

you do have to be a bit loopy, but man is it a sense of accomplishment to do that trail!

Bloomer

SILVER Star
Just past the middle of nowhere in South Texas
I was on that trip with John and his family, and only 2 cars behind him on black bear… indeed a great report. I don’t think I had seen that. This was only second to @ntsaint in the car between us, when his wife said “nope” at the waterfall and hopped out to walk the stretch to the first switchback. I think it was the slight hop of the rear axle towards the edge that did it for her…

you do have to be a bit loopy, but man is it a sense of accomplishment to do that trail!I had completely forgotten
What a fun read this morning, I had forgotten my wife wrote a column about the trip. Thanks for resurrecting @jLB @cboyd. If @paflytyer recalls the look on her face after Black Bear, I think he would agree my wife completely down played her experience. And, I’m actually surprised she didn’t push eject and walk down with @ntsaint wife (although by that point I think I had completely lost her). I’ll say this, she’s a trooper and doesn’t back down to much, it’s normally me trying to keep up with her!

Last edited:

ntsaint

Don't Assume I Know The Basics...
SILVER Star

you do have to be a bit loopy, but man is it a sense of accomplishment to do that trail!
Haha. The truck didn’t move that much! But yeah that was it for her. No hesitation. Outside the truck in 2 seconds flat! Good times.

Pretty sure @paflytyer and @bluecruiser kept registration to 100 trucks? Might have been more for registration, but there has been “extra” people who are there…mainly to help lead trails and stuff like that.
There have been 9 OFFICIAL HIH’s with the 10th one having been “postponed/cancelled” since COVID shut everything down.

I‘ve heard a rumor about HIHX though!…🤔
Wait! What?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom