105 Winch with standard bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stock 105 petrol 4.5 year 2000 with a plastic front bumper and I'm in Australia.

What are my options for fitting a winch that don't involve a bull-bar.

Reading around the topic has revealed a few threads that appear to involve a bit of engineering involved - and this doesn't make complete sense.

If it's not really feasible without a bull bar, whats the reason? Does one end up losing ground clearance?

Cheers,

105DU

From what I under stand the 105 series frame is same as the 80 series. Look for a hidden winch mount for the 80 series and it should fit. If none are available in Australia, it should be a simple matter for a fabrication shop to make one. just a rectangle piece of 6mm steel with a 90 degree bend for the fairlead and a few holes drilled.
Something similar on an 80:

25116-b90550cac626390cd27008983f1287ae.jpg

Thanks! That's a useful picture. Those vertical lugs (I can see the near one, the far one is hard to see in the photo) are the recovery points right? I think they'd be an essential part of the solution.

It appears whoever did this one incorporated the recovery points into their new winch plate, But you can reuse the factory ones by getting longer bolts and putting them under the winch plate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom