105 series one side is lifted more than the other (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed a 3 inch lift on my 105 and the right side is higher than the left side does anyone know why?

Drivers side or passenger side?

Left facing the front or left facing the back?

How much are we talking about? A millimeter, an inch, a foot?

Drivers side or passenger side?

Left facing the front or left facing the back?

How much are we talking about? A millimeter, an inch, a foot?
Passenger front and left passenger rear id say it’s about an inch lower than the right

Passenger front and left passenger rear id say it’s about an inch lower than the right
Are all the springs in the correct places? I know on US trucks the passenger and driver sides springs are different lenghts

Gas tank is on left, cruiser lean is a real thing - usually .5 to .75 of an inch.

Some springs are designed for each side. My OME springs weren't side specific, so I used a 15mm packing spacer to make sure I didn't get the cruiser lean. Some of the progressive rate coils do a better job of balancing out the gas tank weight too.

Not to insult anyone's capabilities for installing anything but there are a few install things you can do that will cause one side to sit higher as well.

1. If you haven't spun your coils on the perch until the coil end hits the notch, the spring may not be fully seated.
2. On top of the spring is a rubber isolator as well to reduce vibration transmitting through the coil. If it gets "folded" while installing the spring it can cause things to not sit level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom