105 RV central locking, wanting to upgrade to remote locking using GXL parts.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Sorry for the long thread title, I haven't been able to find much help on this.

I have a 2002 HZJ105R, it's the RV model which came with factory central locking however I've been trying to upgrade that to remote locking using wrecker parts from the GXL model. With no such luck. I've listed below the steps I've taken to try and make this work.
- I've installed the remote receiver (sits underneath the dash on the left-hand side, passenger side for right-hand drive).
- I've purchase the teardrop keyfob which I believe was the factory remote for these back in the day.
- I've tried every programming sequence to try put the car in learn mode to program this fob to the car however nothing has worked.

What else am I missing? Is it because this model did not have remote locking so even though I have the parts for it, maybe the BCM is not programmed for it and therefore it was never going to work? If this is the case is there another method to install remote locking?

I've sunk a fair bit of cash into this with nothing to show for it so any help or advice would be much appreciated, cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom