100S Intercooler Chip Exh Tuning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.northside4x4.com.au
Hi guys.
Just finished R&D on a bolt in intercooler package for the 100s Landcruisers today.
Results posted up include.
3" Exhaust System
Removal of the intake manifold and acid dipping to remove EGR buildup.
Bolt in Intercooler
Unichip Engine management System

100sintfront.jpg

100sinttop.jpg

100sDynoPowerTorque.jpg

100sdynoafrpower.jpg

100sdynoboostpower.jpg

100sDynoAFRBOOST.jpg

Let me know what you think of it :)

Cheers
Lindsay

I need the 'for dummies' explanation. Does this only apply to those lucky few that have superchargers or turbochargers?
Why are the b/f and after numbers so low? The calculator I'm using says 128kw is only 171 HP. What am I missing?
And how much will your package retail for?

Agaisin, this only applies to the lucky few who have the 1HD-FTE turbo diesel motor. This is a 4 wheel dyno. Hp is at the wheels... maybe a 30-35% drivetrain loss.

Sorry for not providing more info at the start
This package is only for the Multi-Valve turbo diesel equipped vehicles.
About a 50% gain in power @ 2200rpm and a 60% gain in Torque at the same revs.

The full kit I can only do in house as each vehicle is custom tuned. But the intercooler package will be around the $1200-1300 mark.

That is a good mod for me, but it should be in the diesel section. Let me know how is your consumption after some good drives.

Boost is listed in graph 3 @ 17psi. Yes stock CT26 turbo.
EGT after 1 full minute of full load is only at 520deg post turbo, and hardly climbing.

Yet to hear back about the economy with the cooler on. But from standard to unichip/exhaust/manifold cleaning the customer reported over 3 tanks of fuel while towing his van and said it was spot on 14L/100K.
He was getting around 11-12L without towing before the mods.

So ill try and get a report back with and without towing before and after.

EGT after 1 full minute of full load is only at 520deg post turbo, and hardly climbing.

Yet to hear back about the economy with the cooler on. But from standard to unichip/exhaust/manifold cleaning the customer reported over 3 tanks of fuel while towing his van and said it was spot on 14L/100K.
He was getting around 11-12L without towing before the mods.

So ill try and get a report back with and without towing before and after.

Have you ever installed a Adonis chip? And does the unichip as a boost controller? If not how does this setup change the boost.

that's soo cool .. big room to add more fuel ..

Have you ever installed a Adonis chip? And does the unichip as a boost controller? If not how does this setup change the boost.

I have not heard of an Adonis chip sorry.

The unichip controls the boost yes.
I simply install a 3 Port boost control valve which the unichip drives, and allows me to map the boost on a 3D Table with RPM VS Throttle Position.

Thats how I am able to make the boost hit its peak around 200rpm quicker than a standard CT26 setup. By blocking all pressure to the wastegate up until a specified point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom