+10000Km Road Trip (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Squash

SILVER Star
Threads
Almost home!
Drove the 1991 HDJ81 from Sudbury Ontario to the Revelstoke British Columbia area for a backcountry snowboard/telemak ski trip.
The only thing I did was add the bigger HDJ79 brake pads and build a quick and dirty sleep platform, as we decided to drive nonstop both ways.
Only drama was self inflicted. I had added oil while fuelling and in my haste neglected to screw the oil cap back on...worst because my Amsoil secondary oil filter feeds via the cap.
Luckily I smelled burning oil and of course had extra oil under the platform.
Bought this rig in August, tinkered with the fuel pin, installed new glow plugs, really have not done much. The key is the PO being a Dutchman.
Rode a tailwind out of the Rocky Mountains to almost the Ontario border and at 2000rpm was seeing consistent 25mpg

20200101_114318.jpg

20200104_122737.jpg

20200102_141656.jpg

Nice split! You lucked out with the conditions.

Very cool, I love winter road trips!

Nice split! You lucked out with the conditions.
Conditions were awesome, deep and untracked.
That's my son on splits, great guide and trail breaker, the old man tele's. Luckily I'm flying back next week to tour with a friend.
Because Rogers Pass was shut down limiting eastern traffic New Years day, we had decided to to get Stoked at Revy! only problem was that they shut down Eagle Pass a bit to early for us to sneak through. Good thing I carry a chainsaw because the Trans Canada was down to one lane from four at times because of fallen trees. It was crazy driving through an early morning storm only to find trees at windshield height...Not wanting to bear the thought of people dying Sam and I cut what we could, one cutting and one watching/guiding traffic.

wow where is the last picture taken?so much snow...
i flew to edmonton and drove with my son from edmonton to victoria just after xmas but we took the long way visited his friend in graycreek in the kootenay lake and the twisty roads between princeton and hope was terrible at nite,cant see much and we were in a honda CRV

wow where is the last picture taken?so much snow...
i flew to edmonton and drove with my son from edmonton to victoria just after xmas but we took the long way visited his friend in graycreek in the kootenay lake and the twisty roads between princeton and hope was terrible at nite,cant see much and we were in a honda CRV
That snow is via a single track logging road west of Revelstoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom