100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looked at a 100 series for sale at a little used car dealer on Chapman Hwy Friday evening. The wife is tired of driving a minivan and I'm trying to build the case for a 100. This one on Chapman Hwy has 103k miles and it super clean (paint, interior, etc.). It drives great and everything seems to work. That's the good news. The bad news is that it is a northern vehicle (bought at auction and brought down here) and is pretty rusty underneath. The rear axle looked pretty bad and I noticed that at least one of the rear sway bar links had broken off due to rust.

Oh well...

Sounds risky. Did you pull the e-brake handle? Did it move? I drove one from Jersey. E-brake was frozen solid.

Sounds risky. Did you pull the e-brake handle? Did it move? I drove one from Jersey. E-brake was frozen solid.

I didn't try that. The whole thing looked really nice aside from that rear axle area and some dodgy exhaust repair. The price also didn't leave any room for rust remediation so my interest is pretty low unless the rice drops a bunch.

I didn't try that. The whole thing looked really nice aside from that rear axle area and some dodgy exhaust repair. The price also didn't leave any room for rust remediation so my interest is pretty low unless the rice drops a bunch.
I looked at a 100 back in March from that same lot (Turon Auto?). Super clean truck but it was NEast owned and rust was pretty bad. Guy wouldn't come down on $ at all. Shady car lot IMO

Yep. Same car lot. I think the salesman had been drinking. Shady for sure.

I'll sort of bump my own thread to announce that I talked the wife into buying a 100 series to be her daily driver. She's wanted something different than the minivan she's been driving for the past few years (we've got 3 kids), so in my mind, the 100 series was perfect!! It took some convincing, though. We ended up getting a very nice 2007 LX470. It's actually much more luxurious than I would prefer, but for her it's perfect. So, now officially a two Land Cruiser family. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom