100 Series Transmission and Suspension interchangeability. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, my first post and excited about having joined.
Can anyone tell me whether the Auto A750F in a 2003 V8 LC can be replaced with the Auto A442F out of a 2000 six cylinder 1FZ-FE LC? If so, would it bolt right in or would mods be required? How often should the transmission fluid be changed in normal use?
Also, would the axles, suspension components and body panels be interchangeable?

I'm considering buying a 2003 V8 LC in good condition. I presently have a 2000 6 cylinder LC as a parts car with an excellent tranny and engine. So I'm wondering if down the track I needed to, can I use the parts car for bits. In Australia, rebuilds on these older transmissions can be 5k to 6k. Thanks very much.

It is my understanding that the 100 series automatic transmissions are controlled by the ECU. That would seem to make interchangeability rather complicated between a 1FZ 4spd (auto), and a 2UZ 5spd (auto). Not necessarily impossible, but probably not really reasonable.

Also, would the axles, suspension components and body panels be interchangeable?

In Australia, the 100-series 1FZ was a 105 (ie FZJ105R), so solid front axle and coils as opposed to UZJ100R with independent front and torsion bars. Rear suspension components are pretty well the same, front completely different. The front axle also means different mounting points for the heavy stuff - engines, transmissions etc. So swapping out the A750F for the A442F would be a difficult one, never mind the electronics.

Oh and welcome to the mud :)

You would be better off selling off the other transmission and buying a low mileage A750F. I'd rather have an original low mileage A750F than a rebuilt one, actually.

It is my understanding that the 100 series automatic transmissions are controlled by the ECU. That would seem to make interchangeability rather complicated between a 1FZ 4spd (auto), and a 2UZ 5spd (auto). Not necessarily impossible, but probably not really reasonable.
jLB thanks very much.

In Australia, the 100-series 1FZ was a 105 (ie FZJ105R), so solid front axle and coils as opposed to UZJ100R with independent front and torsion bars. Rear suspension components are pretty well the same, front completely different. The front axle also means different mounting points for the heavy stuff - engines, transmissions etc. So swapping out the A750F for the A442F would be a difficult one, never mind the electronics.

Oh and welcome to the mud :)
Thanks very much willyroo. Clearly a lot of things I had not considered. Do you know the recommendation for transmission fluid changes at all? For normal use.

You would be better off selling off the other transmission and buying a low mileage A750F. I'd rather have an original low mileage A750F than a rebuilt one, actually.
hoser thank you. The LC under consideration has only 150k miles on it and is a one owner with excellent service records.. However the transmission fluid has never been changed.

A750F - either the $$ (but worth it) Toyota genuine WS transmission oil, or here in Oz Penrite makes a high quality compatible oil as well.

In terms of recommended intervals for the A750F, my indie has suggested every 150,000 kms, however if you start ferreting further on this forum there's plenty of discussion.

A 1 owner LC100? 150ks? No real need for the FZJ any more :)

Last edited:
A750F - either the $$ (but worth it) Toyota genuine WS transmission oil, or here in Oz Penrite makes a high quality compatible oil as well.

In terms of recommended intervals for the A750F, my indie has suggested every 150,000 kms, however if you start ferreting further on this forum there's plenty of discussion.

A 1 owner LC100? 150ks? No real need for the FZJ any more :)
Thanks very much for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom