100 series timing belt replacement cost? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just paid $850; $470 in lifetime warranty parts and the rest labor (w $100 labor discount based on original quote) FWIW

Pretty easy job to do yourself. there are several youtube videos of it on the tundra (same exact process). It took me 2 days as i forgot a part. use amazon for the parts for the free shipping. you could do the whole thing for $200-300. aisin make a lot of the parts for toyota. get a thermostat while you are at it. here is a kit i found on amazon for my 2000 Amazon product ASIN B008EEYWKI
you can do this whole process with some basic wrenches. make sure to buy or rent a 3 jaw puller for the serpentine pulley on the crankshaft.

@gregnash mission creep, that is fabulous. Never heard that
LOL... like any of us with any "fun" rig ever gets into the mission creep territory!!! Isn't that half the fun of doing it ourselves!

Great thread!

Right! We have become a disposable society that thrives on the continual replacement of items after a few years...

That's right, and the end result is (at least for those that don't opt-out like we do) a renter society, where spending money does not result in ownership of anything. Aldous Huxley predicted this 90 years ago.

Back on topic: I've got time before I need to do my timing belt, but I have a question: Is there anything different for this service on the 2006+ VVT-i 2UZ's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom