100 Series Stranded in Billings Need Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m on a huge cross country road trip to Canada in my 100 series and blew a spark and coil plug out of my engine and stripped the threads And need somewhere to work with some tools in Billings MT can anyone help me out.

I'll call a local, who may be able to help.
I'll PM you his #

you need to clear out some space, it's full

Last edited:
Did the coil fail or did you literally blow a spark plug out of the head?

Sorry for your troubles, this will be a frustrating time to get it up and running. I don't know of anyone in Billings.

Did the coil fail or did you literally blow a spark plug out of the head?

Sorry for your troubles, this will be a frustrating time to get it up and running. I don't know of anyone in Billings.
Well at first I had a misfire and thought it was a bad coil I haven’t had my 100 series’s long so I’m learning and I texted a MUD regular that always helps me out and he said it was a coil more than likely. So I went to change that and found out the spark plug was ****ed and I changed that out and swapped the new coil then went to drive it onto the highway and boom it shut off blasting the coil and spark plug out. I’m towing it to a local MUD with a bunch of 100 series in the morning.

Sorry for your trouble man. I hope you get it up and running soon and with minimal hassle.

any updates?

I talked with @wolforange77 and he was able to get the spark plug threads repaired in #5 with the aid of a fellow Billings area Cruiser head. He got back on the road and soon thereafter had a misfire on #6. Pulled that plug and coil and replaced them, which helped and I believe he was able to get a little further down the road. However, it still pops a misfire CEL under heavy engine load, so he has more detective work to do.

Last edited:
I’ve found the coils go out in pairs, someone smarter than I explained it to me but I didn’t understand it. I always carry a spare and then restock as soon as one goes out. I think I’ve replaced half of mine now.

I’ve found the coils go out in pairs, someone smarter than I explained it to me but I didn’t understand it. I always carry a spare and then restock as soon as one goes out. I think I’ve replaced half of mine now.

seems they all have the same mileage, age, heat cycles probably best just to do them all. It's more expensive but you'll be good for another 200,000 miles

seems they all have the same mileage, age, heat cycles probably best just to do them all. It's more expensive but you'll be good for another 200,000 miles
Perfect thanks for the info boys I’m just going to go in and replace everything with OEM stuff I need a reliable bush truck to get into some mountain lakes and creeks for some fishing.

Perfect thanks for the info boys I’m just going to go in and replace everything with OEM stuff I need a reliable bush truck to get into some mountain lakes and creeks for some fishing.

Glad you're moving man.

The Denso units on Amazon ARE the OEM units... they even grind the Toyota logo off on a few ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom