SOLD 100 series stock UCAs (Seattle area or will ship) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced my upper control arms, and I'd rather give the stock UCAs to someone that can use them than throw them away. As noted, I'm in the Seattle area so pickup is an option, otherwise if you pay the shipping I'll send them wherever you like. There are 230k miles on them so the ball joints are likely fairly shot. I unfortunately boogered the threads on one of them trying to get the darn thing to separate from the steering knuckle. However, it's possible to press in new ball joints and then the arms should be good as new. The only reason I didn't go that route is I have a lift and I wanted to be able to get the caster in spec, so new UCAs was the only option. DM me if interested.

I replaced my upper control arms, and I'd rather give the stock UCAs to someone that can use them than throw them away. As noted, I'm in the Seattle area so pickup is an option, otherwise if you pay the shipping I'll send them wherever you like. There are 230k miles on them so the ball joints are likely fairly shot. I unfortunately boogered the threads on one of them trying to get the darn thing to separate from the steering knuckle. However, it's possible to press in new ball joints and then the arms should be good as new. The only reason I didn't go that route is I have a lift and I wanted to be able to get the caster in spec, so new UCAs was the only option. DM me if interested.
Do you mind me asking what brand of Upper Control Arms did you buy? I'm looking for some aftermarket ones to accommodate my lift but there has to be more than just slee out there for me to choose from?

Do you mind me asking what brand of Upper Control Arms did you buy? I'm looking for some aftermarket ones to accommodate my lift but there has to be more than just slee out there for me to choose from?
Sure, I got the Nitro Gear UCAs. They aren't adjustable like the SPCs, but they claim they are designed to provide the proper caster with the typical 1.5-2" lift most people get. I haven't had my alignment done yet to see if that is true, but I should find out soon. They seems high quality, very beefy. Their original very apparently had a different style ball joint that offers better performance in some ways but are prone to get squeaky if not maintained, so people weren't happy. The new design has a standard enclosed ball joint so it doesn't have that issue. The joint is greasable though which is nice, as opposed to the stock ball joints.

Thanks for the reply. Lol I found them after a simple search shortly after my question on the thread. Oh and Dobinsons and SPC... lol. But having your feedback is super valuable.

I actually think I'll get the Nitro Gears. They loop great. Process point is good too.

Cheers. Thanks alot.

Excellent, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Pretty easy to install too. I'm not sure what kind of rush you're in, but I got them on sale on black friday. I can't recall the exact discount, but it was a decent savings. I'm not sure if they do that other times, like Labor Day, etc. Seems like some other manufacturers don't really have sales, so I was happy to get a discount. I want to say it was free shipping too which is pretty good considering it's a pretty big and surprisingly heavy package. Like I said, they are very solid, I think you could drive a tank over them without damaging them :)

BTW, I had some trouble getting one of the ball joints take grease, but I figured it out eventually. If you find that there's a lot of resistance to taking grease shoot me a message and I can give you some tips. I posted a question on mud and no one replied. The grease should flow very easily. Also FYI they don't come fully greased from the factory so make sure you grease them when you install. The round part over the Nitro logo over the ball joint is a removable cap that has a zerk fitting underneath. It has a really tight o-ring that seals it, so it just pries out.

Good afternoon. Do you still have the UCA's? If so I would like to take them. I live in Atlanta. Thanks!

Good afternoon. Do you still have the UCA's? If so I would like to take them. I live in Atlanta. Thanks!
Yes, almost threw them out last week but I decided to keep them a little longer. I can box them up and weigh them and figure out how much shipping would be if you like.

Yes please. Thanks.
Hey @BIGG PAPA, sorry for the delay. I found the box my other UCAs came in that fit the stock ones just right. The weight is nearly 16 lb for both in the box. The post office website says it will be $60 for ground. Priority is $72 and it said it would get there a few days faster. The UPS website quoted me $47 for ground. Pretty steep either way, let me know if you're still interested. I have a UPS store nearby so I could make either one happen.

Hey @BIGG PAPA, sorry for the delay. I found the box my other UCAs came in that fit the stock ones just right. The weight is nearly 16 lb for both in the box. The post office website says it will be $60 for ground. Priority is $72 and it said it would get there a few days faster. The UPS website quoted me $47 for ground. Pretty steep either way, let me know if you're still interested. I have a UPS store nearby so I could make either one happen.
Thanks for checking on that, I appreciate it. Do you have a paypal account? My shipping address in 940 Drewry St NE, Atlanta Ga. 30306. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom