100 series stalls out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all,

I'm havin some new trouble with my 2000 LC. It stalls out (all the dash lights flash on and off sometimes like a sputter) while in D at stops and after short stops while driving (car turned off completely while driving no power). It won't start up again without a jump. I had a viper alarm system installed when I purchased (1.5 years ago). And the car doesn't respond to the alarm after the car has been jumped, key on, engine running. LC seems to run while in neutral at idle fine.

Does a loose wire cause stalls while at stop signs? I don't think so but please let me know. When did the battery drain where it has to be jumped?

Is this a fuel pump problem or a loose-ground wire issue? I'm a little confused about how to sort this out. So far I've checked wires near the serpentine belt (thanks to previous posts, read a lot but couldn't read everything). And I checked fuel pump fuse and relay, checked battery connections.

I just bought a new yellow top battery a month ago. Last maintenance was also a month ago. I did coils and sparkplugs (the number 7 sparkplug was a monster, maybe moved something important around). Oh and no check engine codes right after turning off while driving.

2000 LC 220k+ miles

I could post a video if that'll help.

Thanks Yall
Nate

When did you last change the fuel filter?

Car started in the morning no problem. Checked alt. testers says no good. Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom