100 Series Spare Parts to Carry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What I carry:
- Immobilizer / EFI fuse relay fix
- 2 Ebay ignition rods
- 1 outer tierod
- Serp belt
- Idler pulley
- 1 Coil pack
- Tools, including 54mm socket and snap ring plyers
- Coolant
- 1 heater T (mine are new but you never know.. )
- Random fuses & Toyota bolts (pulled a bunch from my local pick & pull)
- I will get a spare fuel pump for my next 2 week trip to Moab just in case
I have some of this stuff (not just for me but for others just in case) but TWO coil packs and a selection of c-clips from Kurt. They are cheap.
Also have some airhose repair stuff (unnecessary for most) some brake and PS fluid and some 90wgt.
Somewhere along the way I ended up with two new soft brake lines for the front and they are in the box too.

So once replaced, no earthly reason to carry in a roadside kit!
As I said....Agree....but because it is very travel friendly not a bad idea to pack a couple along for the ride.

Similarly the radiator can be expected to have the same life span as the Ts....and it would be nice to take a spare because not so lovely things can and do happen. But spare radiators are just not so travel friendly.

As I said....Agree....but because it is very travel friendly not a bad idea to pack a couple along for the ride.

Similarly the radiator can be expected to have the same life span as the Ts....and it would be nice to take a spare because not so lovely things can and do happen. But spare radiators are just not so travel friendly.
Not like they take up a lotta space. Plus, it may be just what someone else needs one day.

Perhaps an ignition cylinder ??

For a few possible reasons....
-Not a maintenance part that would typically mitigate a bad timing failure
-Strandable failure
-Repair that seems fairly easy in the field
-Small enough part to stow away easily

An extra fuel pump. Perhaps. Went on a 1800ish mile trip recently. No problems. Pump went out a few days ago 1 mile from my house. Replaced it in my drive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom