100 series side mirror issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hubie

SILVER Star
Threads
So everything was working correctly on both mirrors then all of a sudden I started noticing that the mirrors would tilt down when I put it in reverse but not tilt back up again when I put it back in drive. But this only happens sometimes. I’m messing with it again right now and they are both tilting down in reverse and tilting back up in drive when the manual control switch is set to left or right. They do not move when the manual control switch is set in the center. But this wasn’t always the case, at one point they were tilting down no matter where the selector was positioned.

Also along with this I lost manual control of the right mirror with the selector switch. No manual control at all no matter where the switch is turned (L,C,R)

The driver mirror however still moves manually, but just not in the directions that you push the switch. Up and left move the mirror to the right, down and right move the motor to the left. No up or down control at all. However, this only happens if the switch is set in the center. It will not move the driver mirror if it’s set on on left or right.

Also it seems that I’ve lost the ability to select the seat position with the two position seat selector as well, I’m not sure if that’s tied into the mirrors and moves them too.

Asked questions about this on a Facebook 100series owners group and was assured by multiple people that the issue was the mirror control unit inside the driver door. So I bought a used on off e bay, installed it, but it didn’t seem to fix the issue. So I was then told that it was likely the switch. So I spent another $100 and bought a new switch. That still didn’t fix the issue. So then I thought the issue may be the cheap used mirror control unit so I bought a genuine brand new Toyota one. That still didn’t fix the issue.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what could be causing this. I hate that I have to keep pulling over and getting out and messing with the passenger mirror. Also my wife drives the 100 and I’d like for her to ba able to love the mirrors where she needs them using the control switch inside.

TIA for any help.

When the mirror switch is in center, it means it’s in neutral position and will not work for any side of mirror.
And if your left mirror is not working when you move the selector switch to left that could be due stuck motor inside the side mirror assembly or wiring. It can also be fuse related.
It can also be loose harness that is connected to power mirrors button. Inspected the harness connector that clicks into power mirror switch. Look for crusty or loose pins in harness.

When the mirror switch is in center, it means it’s in neutral position and will not work for any side of mirror.
And if your left mirror is not working when you move the selector switch to left that could be due stuck motor inside the side mirror assembly or wiring. It can also be fuse related.
It can also be loose harness that is connected to power mirrors button. Inspected the harness connector that clicks into power mirror switch. Look for crusty or loose pins in harness.
The mirror moves up and down on its own when I put it in reverse. So it works going up and down. Then it also works (incorrectly) side to side when I have the selector in the “neutral position” and push the controls. So I know the motor functions in all direction on the left mirror. And up and down on the right mirror.

Did you fix this issue? When I put the car in reverse, my passenger side view mirror goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom