1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 series seatbelt light, disabling

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Landpimp, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    OK, yeah I know...wear your seatbelt! and I do most the time, but i make ALOT of short trips(like just blocks away, yeah I'm too lazy to walk) So I want to disable the dash light. Any ideas? I notice the passanger seat must have a sensor to know when someone is in the seat..........thats cool :)

I did order the 100 series FSM yesterday, found a new set(both books) on Ebay for $120.

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Embrace the technology, you're been driving in the past too much :D

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    well I shall embrace technology with a piece of black electrical tape over the dash light then :D

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=10963;start=msg98554#msg98554 date=1075835257]
    Embrace the technology, you're been driving in the past too much :D
    [/quote]

4. Darwood

Darwood

There should be some sort of plug that plugs into the seat belt receiver. You could try unplugging it. I think that would turn of the seat belt light in my Tacoma.

If that doesn't work then unplug it and check the resistance across the plug with the seat belt inserted. Then get a resistor of that rating and put it in the plug.

This is my generic help :D

And now time to preach. Don't you know most accidents happen a few miles from the house? Furthermore seeing as you have airbags that are designed to be used with a seat belt I think you're crazy for not using a seat belt, but hey whatever floats your boat. ::)

5. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

Sounds like he's on the natural selection list. :flipoff2:

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">