100 series seatbelt light, disabling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, yeah I know...wear your seatbelt! and I do most the time, but i make ALOT of short trips(like just blocks away, yeah I'm too lazy to walk) So I want to disable the dash light. Any ideas? I notice the passanger seat must have a sensor to know when someone is in the seat..........thats cool :)

I did order the 100 series FSM yesterday, found a new set(both books) on Ebay for $120.

well I shall embrace technology with a piece of black electrical tape over the dash light then :D

[quote author=landtank link=board=2;threadid=10963;start=msg98554#msg98554 date=1075835257]
Embrace the technology, you're been driving in the past too much :D
[/quote]

There should be some sort of plug that plugs into the seat belt receiver. You could try unplugging it. I think that would turn of the seat belt light in my Tacoma.

If that doesn't work then unplug it and check the resistance across the plug with the seat belt inserted. Then get a resistor of that rating and put it in the plug.

This is my generic help :D

And now time to preach. Don't you know most accidents happen a few miles from the house? Furthermore seeing as you have airbags that are designed to be used with a seat belt I think you're crazy for not using a seat belt, but hey whatever floats your boat. ::)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom