100 Series Sahara steering up-and-away problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi from Adelaide, South Australia, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but I'm looking for help with my late '05 100 Series Sahara turbodiesel. It is beginning to show signs of wear in the steering column adjustment motors and I'm told that there are options to turn off the automatic up-and-away feature. My local Toyota dealer service department can't or won't deactivate the feature so I'm trying to find out which plug I need to undo to keep the adjustment but stop the auto function please? I'm also looking for diagnostic cable and software but can't get a straight answer out of OBD on which cable fits my vehicle. Any advice and/or assistance greatly appreciated.

Do you have TechStream?
In that software you can see all th ecodes and parameters and from memory you can switch it off in there.
The dealer should know.

Do you have TechStream?
In that software you can see all th ecodes and parameters and from memory you can switch it off in there.
The dealer should know.
Thanks for your quick reply. I don't have Techstream but want to get it and the correct cable for my vehicle, but can't get a definitive answer on which cable I need? Dealer service department said they couldn't do it and as a result of the subsequent argument I will not be going back to them.

I bought my cable/TIS on fleebay many years ago.
It helped me with the AHC pressures.

As your HD is a newer model, not sure if yours is a M-ODB or the normal ODB.

I bought my cable/TIS on fleebay many years ago.
It helped me with the AHC pressures.

As your HD is a newer model, not sure if yours is a M-ODB or the normal ODB.
OBD were no help in ascertaining which cable I need, I'll go hunting elsewhere. Techstream available on ebay too?

T
yes.

yes.
Thanks!

I am not saying that that model will fit yours, you have to check.

If you were in Perth you could borrow mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom