100 series rear bumper rated for towing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for an off-road rear bumper that can tow up to the 100's towing capacity of 6500 lbs.
I presently have a Slee rear bumper with swingouts. It has a receiver on it, but Slee does not rate it, therefore no idea of what it is capable of towing. Does anyone know of anything available to satisfy this towing capacity?

search for this , there are a ton of threads on this topic.

None of the aftermarket bumper guys are going to rate thier bumpers towing capacity for obvious reasons, but the Slee bumper is very well designed and very strong

I agree with you on the strength of the Slee bumper, but without a rating or some idea from others regarding experience towing with Slee, I am skeptical about having a 2.5 ton trailer coming loose going down the road. I already have OME HD suspension and 33" BFG's and intend on adding an Air-Lift airbag system. My biggest worry is the receiver on the bumper. I know that it is bolted through to the true factory bumper, not the skirt, which was removed to install Slee bumper. I'll wait to see what others have to say and go with experience.

Others that do have the Slee are going to report it is robust. Let them chime in as this has been covered numerous times on 'Mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom