100 Series OEM Auxiliary Fuel tank in my 80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm attempting to put the 100 series oem aux fuel tank into my 80.
I did have to trim the sides of the fuel tank about 1/4'' on each side to make it fit between the frame.

The 100 series tank come with an internal fuel pump, which is pretty damn sweet, except I'm terrible with electrical/wiring so I hope you guys can help point me in the right direction.

It came with the Apexus switch/gauge, which is pretty damn cool, has anyone used this switch before?

image-jpeg.1465051

image-jpeg.1465052
image-jpeg.1465053
image-jpeg.1465054

Last edited:
This is pretty cool. Take pics and don't blow yourself up.

The 100 series tank come with an internal fuel pump... except I'm terrible with electrical/wiring

I'd like to introduce you to my close, personal friend, Charles Darwin. He gives out lots of awards.

:popcorn:

That's a cool switch. I wanted one when I added my aux tank. I could not find one in the USA. They are available in Australia......where all the good stuff is.

Hey guys, I'm attempting to put the 100 series oem aux fuel tank into my 80.
I did have to trim the sides of the fuel tank about 1/4'' on each side to make it fit between the frame.

The 100 series tank come with an internal fuel pump, which is pretty damn sweet, except I'm terrible with electrical/wiring so I hope you guys can help point me in the right direction.

It came with the Apexus switch/gauge, which is pretty damn cool, has anyone used this switch before?

I have the Apexus in my Long Range Automotive aux tank setup, with the same Fuel Flo pump you show in your post. I'm sure you know that setup is designed to pump fuel from the aux tank into the main tank whenever you press the button on the Apexus control unit. Whereas the 100-series is designed with the aux tank and pump as a completely self-contained separate fuel system. There must be additional components used in the 100-series setup, such as either check valves or solenoid valves that control the fuel flow when running from the aux tank versus the main tank. Plus some way to separately control the two fuel pumps and, potentially, solenoid valves. Some searching in the 100 forum should provide more enlightenment. If you decide to go with the Apexus setup then you just need to remove the 100-series fuel pump and connect the Fuel Flo pump to a pickup in the bottom of the tank.

@TrickyT thank you very much for this info, this is very helpful. I wanted to keep it simple, transfer fuel into the main tank and be done with it.
My buddy suggested to set it up so the Aux tank/pump can go directly to the engine as a back up if the main pump fails.

not yet, i stopped half way, put in my filler neck and my straps but got side tracked with the air compressor project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom