100 Series Not Starting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 100 series is having starting issues. My daughter ran the fuel low and it didn't want to start this morning. I added fuel to the tank and got it started by adding some starting fluid in the air intake. I ran it for a bit then turned it off and tried to restart and nothing. Repeated with the starting fluid again, idles fine and responds to gas pedal just fine but will not restart after turning off. Any ideas?

Appears fuel pump isn’t pumping. Typically if starter fluid works the pump isn’t.

Would it idle and run fine if the fuel pump was out? Once its started everything is fine, other then not starting again. lol

I would think it would not continue to run if the pump was completely out. And you should be able to hear it probably. But maybe it's on its last leg and not providing enough pressure so the atomization is not sufficient when the engine is cold?? Don't know much about this TBH, but also wondering if it could be related to the pressure relief valve on the rail (assuming there is one of some sort), perhaps letting the pressure go down to low before the pump can catch up?
If something to do with the fuel level being very low, could it have plugged up the fuel filter maybe?

I let it run for 30 minutes then turned it off and now its starting. I had someone tell me there needs to be at least 1 gallon of gas to start. My daughter had it touching the E-Line and it was slanted to the right at a good angle on the curb. Im hoping that it was just so low it got air in the system but is primed now. I guess time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom