100 series no start no crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine was the starter. Installed it tonight and all is good so far.

FWIW, I did check and clean the grounds and terminals but that didn't do anything to fix the "no crank".

@hockryan your mechanic is spot on so far. I was going to post to check voltage drops on your starting and charging system cables. Likely corrosion in the cables or connections causing the problems.

Anyone with a DVOM can do it with the abundance of YouTube tutorials! It’s fun to just check for a pending issue also. Where I go in Death Valley my biggest fear is 1. Getting lost (Google German Hikers Death Valley Minivan) and 2. No crank condition!

1 Month old Battery that is reading 12.5V while not running (jump starting does nothing)
1 minute old brand new Toyota Starter Relay
6 month old Toyota Remanufactured starter
14 month old Toyota remanufactured alternator

Land Cruiser has no crank and just clicks when I turn the key, at first i was thinking starter relay but that also isnt working. I have a 1000 mile trip im supposed to be leaving for in 3 days. Thankfully this didnt happen while on the road, but now im stressing if ill even be able to go with the land cruiser not starting. Currently towing it to my mechanic, but does anyone have any insight or suggestions on what to look for? im completely stumped

Hey Guys - New register but longtime reader here. I've had an occasional issue in my 05 LC that is similar to what's discussed in this thread. If I turn the truck off once the engine is hot it will not crank again until the engine cools.. I turn the key and get one click, but that's it, lights on dash are on. If I wait an hour or two, it will then crank. This has happened twice in 2023. I also have noticed a hissing sound coming from my gas tank. When I open the cap there is a rush a fumes, I'm not sure if this is related or not. The gas tank hiss has happened twice over the past 6 months. I also just replaced the T Belt at 200K miles and the radiator and battery. Any advice would be appreciated and apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseum...

That no crank issues seems like a starter issue.
But you should properly diagnose it the next time it happens. Make sure it is not your immobiliser (did the check engine light turn on when you turn your key to second position?), make sure you have fuel coming in.

The hissy gas thing is discussed in another thread - it seems like you return line is exposed to heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom