100 Series new to me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning!

I just bought a clean one owner TLC with 110,721 miles. In my excitement, i overlooked the fact that it has no tow hitch.

Not really a problem except which way do I choose to go? Is there a benchmark standard on hitches? Will it be better to go with a rear bumper with integrated 2" receiver? And if so which one?

Thank you.

Frankie

What year is your truck? Do you intend to wheel it intensely?
ARB I think is the only bumper certified for towing all others have disclaimers, majority don’t see that as a problem and tow anyway.

The under bumper tow assemblies work well and can be found cheap or free.
This option also helps to save the Tupperware bumper if you wheel it on obstacles.

It’s a 2002. It will not be intense on the 4 wheeling. I like the look of the ARBs but not so much the price.
Thanks for the advice.

It’s a 2002. It will not be intense on the 4 wheeling. I like the look of the ARBs but not so much the price.
Thanks for the advice.

Welcome to the 100 series - as this vehicle was sold in much smaller quantities than the 4runner, Tacoma, Wranglers the market for Bumpers and accessories is even smaller thus most mods are much more money than building another 4wd.

I bet if you put a Wanted in the Classifieds section ( https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/classifieds-parts.12/create-thread ) you will find someone who has removed their Factory Hitch.

I had to get a hitch when I purchased mine in June. I went with the Curt hitch because I liked the design better. I believe the Curt also sits a little closer to the bumper. I can post pics when it stops raining if you want them.

That would be great! I like the idea of the stock integrated hitch bumper that someone removed to install an ARB but I haven’t heard of the Curt.
Thanks

Let me check, I might have a new one at home that I might sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom