100 Series Move over- New FJ40 Needs Room in the Garage! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After owning a 100 series for 18 months and learning more and more about the pedigree and rich history of the 40 Series, my search was over and I pulled the trigger on my new 1978 FJ40. She was picked up today and heading my way. I will be searching and relying on this great forumn, just like I have for my 100. Here is just two pics without the full roof rack. 100+40=FUN.
Profile.jpg
Side.jpg

Very nice! I think you will be very pleased...if not I'll take her off your hands ;)

Nice Rig

Dude nice rig...but why is it upside down????

By the looks of it you only have one modification to make on her and it is the cheapest one you can do..

Flip that bezel:grinpimp::cheers:

I will volunteer to be the fine collector...$10 should do it. I will send you my paypal account so you can promptly make payment.....enjoy the insanity and if you are married hope your wife is prepared for strange packages on the door step and car parts on your kitchen counter.

Welcome!

Post more pics when she arrives...:beer:

Nice rig, wife loves that yellow!!

Calsum is dead on, my warn hub is sitting on counter next to kitchen sink while other side is on kitchen table just begging to be taken apart!!

By the looks of it you only have one modification to make on her

It looks like the hood is from an earlier year maybe. The bumpers are for sure, and it looks like the hooks are going the wrong way?

Love the color here too; the square tube bumper not so much.

I saw that on eBay, and asked the PO about the front fender edging, I guess it's spray on bedliner? Truck looks great!

It looks like the hood is from an earlier year maybe. The bumpers are for sure, and it looks like the hooks are going the wrong way?

Hood appears to be from a 72 thru 74 model. The hooks are correct. The earlier hooks locked forward when not being used. They unlatched and twisted around to hold the windshield down. Not sure if it lines up correctly with the offset hinges on the later windshield but should be close.

Great looking looking cruiser either way.

:cheers:

the emblems on the apron look to be early 70's emblems.....? not the fatty disco lettering found on the late 70's???
Nice rig though...
X2 on the tube steel bumber.......(no likey!)

Nice truck! Could you post up some pictures of the front fender edging, I think i might want to try that.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and the warnings and opinions- love it. I guess it is time I told my wife - before the new "woman" in my life appears. (seriously, have not told her yet, waiting for the right moment and think it may need to involve large doses of red wine).

Anyway, look forward to getting it a little better. Not going for the 100% stock look, but I need real seats right away.

The edging is Raptor lining. It is also on the deck all inside and in all the wheel wells. The video is on YouTube. Just search for "yellow fj40" and you will see the sellers video.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and the warnings and opinions- love it. I guess it is time I told my wife - before the new "woman" in my life appears. (seriously, have not told her yet, waiting for the right moment and think it may need to involve large doses of red wine).

Your so screwed....the fact that you didn't tell her means you were afraid to even make mention of it because you knew she would say.....absolutly not......I hope you are joking....LOL:bang:

Can you video tape it when you tell her...and post the link on you tube...I will bye the :popcorn: Good luck and I hope she likes to smell like a 70's tail pipe. I bet the money you spent on it was supposed to go to new granite counter tops for the kitchen...Oops.

Welcome to the "other" forum !! Nice truck !:cheers:

I finally told her. Anyone leave near OKC with a couch I can sleep on? :)

serves you right - should have used your own money :doh:

I really like the yellow :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom