100 Series / LX470 - Overhead / Roof console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my search to use that vast real estate in the ceiling to store things that may not be needed all the time, I have been unsuccessful in finding a ready made roof console like our Aussie friends have built for the 70/80 series. Granted that the older designs lent this ability by having the slight bulge above the windshield and providing the required mount points, it was easier to design something.

But, has anybody else tried this and successfully built something, even one-off that can shed some thoughts on this? I have no real use of the sunroof as I've never bothered to drive with it open, it is a defacto leaker, and hence has been sealed from the outside (using a vinyl film so that it still remains operational). I have never pulled the headliner off to look at what mount points may be available. So, if someone has a picture of the roof with the headliner removed, please post on the thread and we may have some creative juices flowing from other members.

Pictures for attention...collected from various internet sources, including here on MUD. Kudos to the designers of these consoles.

8b7fcc41a999dbfefb59ced7cc81c65e.jpg

This one is interesting. Wish we had that much height to work with considering that the rear view mirror has no adjustments.

attachment-jpg.408297

Does anybody have a picture of the roof internals with the headliner removed? Specifically for the area between the windshield and the 2nd row?

Unfortunately, they are all for non-sunroof models. Also one of the mounting points looks like it would be where the sunroof. Thought it would be great for one of my radios. Plus the shipping is going to be killer. Didn't see a pod for a small pod option for the overhead console.

Car Consoles & 4WD Storage Drawers - Department of the Interior - overhead consoles, roof consoles, custom built consoles, 4WD interiors, storage systems, vehicle consoles, radio console, dashboard pod, four wheel drive. - https://www.consoles.com.au/Toyota_100Series_low.htm

I will probably be going with a Benjamin 3d printed mount for my FTM 400 in the garage door panel of the overhead and a custom dash pod to house the 10m/12m radio and an ultrapod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom