100 series long travel #ih8torsionbars! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had coilovers Before the long travel and it rode like a Cadillac, it was maxed out on lift because the cv angle issue, the kit I designed allows for a lot more lift for tire clearance, coilover allows for insane travel hence the bump stops, torsion bars were the worst design ever, should have put the sequoia suspension design on it. Toyota really f-uped by not keeping Solid axle or going to coilover. I redesigned the entire suspension from the ground up, boy does it not want to be lifted!
Hi Bama - love the build!

You mentioned here that you was running coilovers before the long travel conversion - what was the shock specs/part number or model?

I’m look at just ditching the torsion bars and running a coilover. Not too concerned about the height/long travel - over here in Australia, they are pretty strict with vehicle hight 😅

Dood! Super cool.

I have a question though! I've got 'too much' droop in that I get ridiculous toe-in when at full extension on the front end. Does your tie rod adapter system actually help maintain proper geometry throughout the front wheel travel? If yes - any chance you can tell me what parts you used to build it?

I've been struggling to figure out a solution that works for me. I can't really lower the rack itself, the tie rod brackets on the knuckles would require some good engineering to offset them higher, and no one makes a flip kit that I've been able to find.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bama - love the build!

You mentioned here that you was running coilovers before the long travel conversion - what was the shock specs/part number or model?

I’m look at just ditching the torsion bars and running a coilover. Not too concerned about the height/long travel - over here in Australia, they are pretty strict with vehicle hight 😅
do SAS, 10 times easier and cheaper, way more durable with less moving parts.

Build finally done!
Specs: 6” lift, 4” wide long travel with king coilovers, high steer kit, hydro bump stops, limit straps and swaybar quick disconnects! 10 inches of travel! All hardware upgraded to 3/4” grade 8. Kit is 100% bolt on besides the bump stops.

View attachment 2507035

View attachment 2507036

View attachment 2507037

View attachment 2507038

View attachment 2507039
Wow…..I have gone for my 100 series conversion with kings 2.5 coilovers, lower and upper control arms changed with bump stops but no lift and my tie rods and it’s boots are rubbing the shock on full turn, any ideas, as I can see that your amazing build is completely free of this issue, can u share what have you done….!
Finally, let me say it’s an amazing ride you have built for urself, happy Ridding !

IMG_6057.jpeg

IMG_6052.jpeg

Wow…..I have gone for my 100 series conversion with kings 2.5 coilovers, lower and upper control arms changed with bump stops but no lift and my tie rods and it’s boots are rubbing the shock on full turn, any ideas, as I can see that your amazing build is completely free of this issue, can u share what have you done….!
Finally, let me say it’s an amazing ride you have built for urself, happy Ridding !

View attachment 3360126

View attachment 3360127
What lower control arms are those? Did you custom build them?

View attachment 3360126

View attachment 3360127
Got anymore pictures of this setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom