100-Series Issues - buying advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replies in CAPS.

-amp has failed, all speaker material was done: SHOWS AGE
-CV to axle seals both started weeping: NORMAL BUT TOO EARLY FOR A LEAK. MY 97 4RUNNER AT 215K IS STILL STRONG.
-Crankshaft seal had visible leaking when I was there to change the TB: NOT FOR THE MILEAGE YOU HAVE: PROBABLY LACK OF MAINTENANCE: MY LC EVEN AT 238 GOT OEM SEALS. I KNOW TOYOTA SEALS (NOK-BRAND) LASTS EASY 200+ MILES. MOST DEALERSHIPS WON'T EVEN TOUCH THE OIL SEALS IN FIRST 200K MILES
-broken ignition switch broken: YES
-all door lock motors failed: NO WAY... MY 97 4R STILL GOT FACTORY LOCKS. 2000 LC HAD FAILING LOCKS ONLY IN THE FRONT
-one window regulator: NO WAY... MY 90 HILUX,, 92 COROLLA, 97 4R AND 00 LC STILL GOT OEM WINDOW REGULATORS.
-seized handbrake cranks from dissimilar metals: RUST BELT DRIVEN VEHICLE?
-ac condenser could touch it and the fins would break in hand: YES, NORMAL.
-ABS sensor seals x2: NO WAY
-3rd tail brake light seal leaking: SHOWS AGE
-muffler rusted a hole in it at 180k miles: RUST BELT VEHICLE? OR USED IN SHORT TRIPS.
-02 sensors: YES, THE ONLY SENSOR THAT FAILS IN A TOYOTA. MOSTLY IT IS THE POST CAT SENSOR
-ignition coils, one failed and the others looked beyond their lifetime, 3 others had cracks in the plastic: YES
-steering rack from bad bushings along with puking atf into the boots. YES AND THIS IS DUE TO PEOPLE TURNING THE WHEEL WHILE HOLDING THE BRAKE! TOO MUCH STRESS ON THE RACK
-clockspring made an annoying squeak when turning: OLD

Now, let me get to the point.
Are you the first owner? How sure about the odometer mileage? Based on the failures I see in yours I can tell you have about 220K or more miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom