100 Series; Installing Power to the Rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,
I am planning to install rear drawers to my Land Cruiser. There'll be equipment installed to it, namely:
- fridge
-sub
-usb ports etc
-amp
All these devices will be connected to the second battery tray.
What amp fuse(as close to the battery) should I use?

You need to crunch numbers and make sense of how many peak amps you will be pulling to make sense of what fuse to use. As for cable length and gauge, again there is a way to make sense of what size you need based on the amps you are pulling and length of cable

1668446590630.png

Hi there,
I am planning to install rear drawers to my Land Cruiser. There'll be equipment installed to it, namely:
- fridge
-sub
-usb ports etc
-amp
All these devices will be connected to the second battery tray.
What amp fuse(as close to the battery) should I use?
The chart above is a good resource, but if you use the chart you'll see 8 gauge and a 80 amp circuit breaker will suffice. I prefer marine circuit breakers to fuses.

When you say amp are you specifically meaning amplifier for speakers/sound system or are you looking at an invertor to change output voltage?

If just looking for an invertor, I would highly recommend looking into a portable battery system which can simply charge off of the rear 12v plug. You can convert the 12v cigarette outlet in the rear to a standard style plug. There are many brands here but I'd lean towards something with LifePo4 style batteries as charge cycles is many times higher and they are more tolerant of temperature variances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom