100 series fuel tank skid replacement- sharing my results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn’t see much info on this so I thought about it for quite a while. Thought I’d share how this turned into a 15min job for me.

My fuel tank skid was rusted and I scored a clean one used for cheap. There’s just enough lip on the tank I wedged some scrap wood (measured and cut to length) between the ground and the lips of the tank. I hammered four boards into place so they were tight on the tank, not the skid. Then I unstrapped it and slid the new one in. I attached a few pics. Hope it helps someone else with a rusty tank skid.

C16839DF-579D-4C67-BE48-2E9A3009A778.jpeg

8C250B6E-0C14-43F6-8E29-46DAA8E923B9.jpeg

5102ED22-3080-4897-B13C-B59F9278A188.jpeg

Brilliant!!!

Good idea, also like to add that if you can run the truck until it's almost empty then it would be less prone to it falling down.

I was impatient and did it with a half full tank after trying to schedule around my tank unsuccessfully. Definitely would be safer to do it near empty. I let it sit for a few minutes with the jack an inch or so underneath just in case a board slipped.
My truck is lifted a bit, but my front 2 boards were 24” and the rear two were 26”. Unless you have a smooth finished floor you’re working on I don’t believe it has to be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom