100 Series Front Frame Recovery Bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
I am getting prices on having these 100 Series Front Frame Recovery Brackets made locally. We have not done actual WLL testing but it appears from the CAD information the WLL will be somewhere in the 6-8 ton range (the 3/4" D Shackle it is designed to be used in conjunction with is rated at 6.5T WLL).

Just getting an idea if anyone would be interested...the pricing would be the actual cost + whatever shipping to get them to you...
LC 100 recovery point copy.jpg

Don't the 100s already have a tow hook and loop in the front? What is the advantage of this over the factory ones?

Otherwise, looks good! Also, what material??

rockclmbr said:
Don't the 100s already have a tow hook and loop in the front? What is the advantage of this over the factory ones?

Otherwise, looks good! Also, what material??

The factory tow hooks are not rated...they, when inspected, actually look like they are a cast product (don't know for sure). I, for one, do not want to find out the hard way :eek: So I want to be relatively confident of the integrity of this connection and also to be able to utilize a D shackle...instead of a hook.

FYI: No one makes rated recovery hooks/attachments for the LC bolt spacing...hence the do it yourself/myself approach.

Yes, you are correct, the factory hooks are cast. Sign me up, if they are not rated, I would not tug from them either!

Put me down for a set when available....I have been looking for something like these for exactly that purpose (D-rings)..

I was getting ready to just weld a couple of 5 ton rated hooks, front and rear, somewhere on the frame , but I would MUCH rather have something that bolts into the stock hooks` location !!

great idea!
could use some too
looks kinda tall and skinny, though, will this be stable enough?
I assume it will clear the front bumper?

e9999 said:
great idea!
could use some too

As long as it clears an ARB Bull bar, I dont care...besides, we all know that NOBODY wheels hard enough with a stock bumper to need those hooks !! ;)

I might be interested depending on cost. I was planning on putting recovery points on a custom built bumper.

I'm a tenative yes depending on the price breakdown. 50 would be my sweet spot :D

e9999 said:
great idea!
could use some too

I originally designed this at 1-1/4" wide/thick. It was naturally stronger but necessitated using 7/8" (1" pin) D shackle to get the clearance. This is open for debate but using a 8.5T D shackle along with a recovery bracket that had a 15T WLL (based upon CAD program testing only) was probably overkill...and maybe more likely to transfer too much load to the frame in extreme cases.

Also if you use a "Y" recovery strap anchoring to each frame recovery anchor you cut the load in half for each...which in my mind would be better for involved frame stresses anyway.

I only have my TJM T3C to measure...but that this design gives ample clearance for strap to lower bumper edge.

I didn't mean strength I meant stability. The base seems kind of narrow and the thing is tall. Are you sure it won't topple over if the load is sideways?

Do it, you will save me a ton of time. I was going to mount Chevy tow hooks but I would have to weld and drill one hole because they don't match.

The stock Toyota tow hooks suck. They destroy your straps too easily.

You might check out emachineshop.com also.

spressomon said:
I only have my TJM T3C to measure...but that this design gives ample clearance for strap to lower bumper edge.

Dan - I'll probaby take one (as long as not too $$$) and be glad to let you know how it clears the stock bumper. Did you mention what material you're using?

e9999 said:
I didn't mean strength I meant stability. The base seems kind of narrow and the thing is tall. Are you sure it won't topple over if the load is sideways?

The CAD program we have is basic...can only apply force at 90* increments. But I'll load it at 90* and see the results.

Thank you for your input!

ATLcrusher said:
Dan - I'll probaby take one (as long as not too $$$) and be glad to let you know how it clears the stock bumper. Did you mention what material you're using?

1020/mild steel. I don't think it will clear the stock bumper. The stock bumper hangs WAY down! If you look at your factory front tow hook it hangs down a good 5"+. The tow hooks I currently have mounted are the rear factory hooks...

For all you ARB front bumper guys: What is the measurement of drop from the frame surface where the recovery point would mount horizontally to the lower lip of the ARB bumper?

I would be interested depending on price. Probably 2. These are for a OEM bumper setup.

uzj100

I'd be interested. I've broken a few stock hooks now and should probably upgrade.

trw said:
I'd be interested. I've broken a few stock hooks now and should probably upgrade.

:eek: details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom