SOLD 100-series Drawer/Bed System for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For sale is my drawer/bed system that I've used in my LX470 for three years. I'm selling it because over the past three years I've acquired two little humans and a second Big dog that require more of my time and more space.

I built the drawer/bed system out of 1/2" and 3/4" plywood. The height of the system is such that the top is level with the rear seatbacks folded down. You can then move the sleeper extension board that normally sits on top of the drawers forward, resting it on top of the rear seatbacks for support and locking it into the drawer system. This results in a roughly queen size flat area for sleeping. I was able to comfortably sleep myself, my wife and my 100lb dog. I painted the system black to prevent wear and moisture intrusion. The sleeper extension and top of drawers are lined with a rubber/foam matting that provide additional comfort when sleeping.

The drawers themselves are built to fit into the drawer housing tightly with limited play. I built the drawers this way and did not use a track system both for simplicity sake as well as to prevent the movement of the drawers when driving and intense off-road maneuvering. I have the drawers sitting on aluminum strips that lower the coefficient of friction and make heavy, stuffed drawers easier to pull out and push in. Because the drawers are built with minimal tolerance I had to drill some holes in the back of the drawer housing to let air enter and escape additionally making it easier to pull the drawers out and in.

I've attached some photos while the system was installed and in use in my truck. I also have a video I'll attempt to post with the system out of my truck better showing functionality.

I'm asking $600 OBO.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG

IMG_6384.JPG

IMG_6385.JPG

The drawer system uses wings and supports on the sides for ease of extra storage. I have never, never had any issues with this drawer system. My wife wants me to keep it. I want the extra money for my race car.

IMG_6386.JPG

IMG_6387.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6389.JPG

The system has been cleaned up and touch-up painted.

Here are some more pictures in use.

IMG_6391.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6395.JPG

IMG_6400.JPG

I've been considering building one. Perhaps you could drive by Sat or Sunday with it cleaned out. I'll take a look and make offer if I like. PM me!

I've been considering building one. Perhaps you could drive by Sat or Sunday with it cleaned out. I'll take a look and make offer if I like. PM me!

Hey, thanks for the message.

I've already pulled the system from my truck to touch up paint it, wrap up the hardware and prepare it for sale. I'm on the west side of downtown near Sloans Lake. I'm around most days if you can come by and take a look.

Pictures don't quite do the justice it deserves since those pictures were taken right before I pulled it out of my truck two weeks ago after years of abuse and right before sprucing it up.

I'm back up with working on others 100 series, and in a time crunch for next week. Perhaps later next week I could come by. Do you know the weight?

My guess is that it’s about 150lbs.
I understand that this week and next are pretty crazy with the holidays. I’m not traveling anywhere so I’ll be around. I look forward to meeting a fellow mud member.

For sale is my drawer/bed system that I've used in my LX470 for three years. I'm selling it because over the past three years I've acquired two little humans and a second Big dog that require more of my time and more space.

I built the drawer/bed system out of 1/2" and 3/4" plywood. The height of the system is such that the top is level with the rear seatbacks folded down. You can then move the sleeper extension board that normally sits on top of the drawers forward, resting it on top of the rear seatbacks for support and locking it into the drawer system. This results in a roughly queen size flat area for sleeping. I was able to comfortably sleep myself, my wife and my 100lb dog. I painted the system black to prevent wear and moisture intrusion. The sleeper extension and top of drawers are lined with a rubber/foam matting that provide additional comfort when sleeping.

The drawers themselves are built to fit into the drawer housing tightly with limited play. I built the drawers this way and did not use a track system both for simplicity sake as well as to prevent the movement of the drawers when driving and intense off-road maneuvering. I have the drawers sitting on aluminum strips that lower the coefficient of friction and make heavy, stuffed drawers easier to pull out and push in. Because the drawers are built with minimal tolerance I had to drill some holes in the back of the drawer housing to let air enter and escape additionally making it easier to pull the drawers out and in.

I've attached some photos while the system was installed and in use in my truck. I also have a video I'll attempt to post with the system out of my truck better showing functionality.

I'm asking $600 OBO.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 2527351

View attachment 2527352

View attachment 2527353

View attachment 2527355

View attachment 2527357
Still available?

Yes it is till available. I would like to get rid of it sooner than later.

My last camping trip this past summer with the drawer/bed system and my late Juno dog.

EF29F610-56FB-43E3-A3DF-9501EAEE1D36.jpeg

ACFA5386-F38C-43A7-9250-720D81BA1BD3.jpeg

A1EEEDC5-AFDD-4325-9F66-47A21355DCAF.jpeg

9F1CDD14-07AC-43A3-84A0-90306F1DC163.jpeg

70E2654A-1D01-4FD7-8AEF-822C2BB498F3.jpeg

Denver, CO.

Can I ask what the rubber material is, on top of the unit? I just built mine and am trying to figure out what to top it with. Was considering rubber roof membrane, but I like the look of yours.

Can I ask what the rubber material is, on top of the unit? I just built mine and am trying to figure out what to top it with. Was considering rubber roof membrane, but I like the look of yours.

I used a door mat from good ol' Home Depot. You can find these with all the other door mats. I purchase two of them and cut them to fit. They cut pretty easily, too, with a sharp knife/blade. My only gripe with this solution is that they shrunk a little bit over a 4 year period and, since I had to splice together two of these to fit the whole drawer system top, there is about a 1" gap between the two now. But it still works great!

I assume there are lots of things you could use, but what's the best thing to use? THAT is a good question.

I used a door mat from good ol' Home Depot. You can find these with all the other door mats. I purchase two of them and cut them to fit. They cut pretty easily, too, with a sharp knife/blade. My only gripe with this solution is that they shrunk a little bit over a 4 year period and, since I had to splice together two of these to fit the whole drawer system top, there is about a 1" gap between the two now.

I assume there are lots of things you could use, but whats the best thing to use? THAT is a good question.

This has been SOLD for asking price to a very happy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom