100 series diesel swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here know of a 1hd-t swap into a UZJ100 cruiser?
Is there a difference between the entire frame or just motor mounts in the HZJ105?
What About difference in front suspension mounts for front axle?
Would a rear 80 series FF axle be that complicated to swap?
Would the A442F and HF2A fit ok?

Sorry for all the ?s its just since toyota went after toyodiy.com i am having trouble making comparisons to non us vehicles without the diagrams.

In certain markets the HDJ100 came with the 1HD-T instead of the 1HD-FTE. There was also a 1FZ-FE powered FZJ100. Looking at the EPC, these two models shared the same engine mounts.

So if the factory did it...

Yes if they did it I would want the frame side engine mounts. Anyone know about the rea ff axle???

Awesome! i have a 1hdt and drivetrain i was going to use on another project but am now thinking it would be cooler and more fun in a 100.

when you get the half cut be sure to put comparison pics of the tranny crossmember up. its an auto right??

Yes auto. I haven't bought the UZJ yet, i'm waiting on the half cut to come in.

Awesome project Eric, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm looking for a 1998-99-2000 UZJ - let me know if you find one you don't want:)

Awesome project Eric, can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm looking for a 1998-99-2000 UZJ - let me know if you find one you don't want:)

There are alot out there, but i'm looking for one without anyrust and clean interior. I don't care if it has 250k miles, but high mileage usually mean more wear inside.

Yes there are lots, looks like I will be going to the southern states when I finally find one. I'd rather not get one with 500,000 kms though.

SAWEET! id be very interested to see the differences in the motor mounts, and tranny cross member. any idea what transfer case is under the HDJ?

No, i mean it should be 4FC according to toyodiy and the tranny 343F?

No, i mean it should be 4FC according to toyodiy and the tranny 343F?

i checked out toyotdiy also and the euro LHD shows two different trans. 343F and A442F. My 1990 1hd-t has the A442F behind it. isnt the 343f used behind the 2uz-fe here in the states? So is the 4fc the same tc as in the states?

In certain markets the HDJ100 came with the 1HD-T instead of the 1HD-FTE. .

here .. and with the A343 tranny and full time t-case ..

So i have the truck in the shop now about ready to give it a start. I was suprise to see the sticker on the hood saying that the oil should be 10W30 or 5W30 (for cold weather), and CF-4. I only had 15W40 CF-4 around so i went and put that in for a test run. 10W30 here are GF-4 not CF-4 wonder what is the difference, gas vs diesel?

Anyhow i've got 7 liters in and still nothing on the stick!!! crap wonder how many it needs. anyway i will bring more 4 liters of rotella T tomorrow from home to finish filling it and give it a go.

PS: it was funny to see red diesel come out of the primer pump! pretty illegal on the truck over here.

EDIT: Tranny is the A442F

Awesome! i have a 1hdt and drivetrain i was going to use on another project but am now thinking it would be cooler and more fun in a 100.

when you get the half cut be sure to put comparison pics of the tranny crossmember up. its an auto right??

My cousin father owns a LX470, so i ask him to come see me at the shop to do quick comparaison, and didn't see any difference in the cross member. Under the hoods there are obviously alot of things differents but all the threaded holes in the body are the same. I haven't seen anything other then unbolt and rebolt yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom