100 Series Cupholders, Dome Lights, RAM Mounts & More - Cruiser Design & Manufacturing (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for ordering!

Below is a video of how I do it with the included wago quick-disconnect that came with your shifter trim plate. :

I just snip the two wires, strip them a bit, and lock them into the quick disconnect when I go to reinstall the OD switch, this is much easier than the alternative method which is showcased in

This is much easier than the "proper" way to do it which involves popping two pins out of the OEM connector which is underneath the right side of the shifter. This method is showcased very well in chowcares video here:

tl;dr: Snip the shifters from the OD switch, pull it out and install the trim plate, then use the wago quick-disconnect terminal block that came with your order to splice the wires together. If you have any more issues shoot me a pm or give me a call!

Bahaha way to go with me following directions.

I've been knee deep in other maintenance and forgot about the quick connect you supplied. I just cut the wire, installed the plate, and soldered it back together.

Thanks for the video! That would def be a good one to add to the product page.

Thanks again for the part!

Greetings from TX. I know you have been busy with your new marriage and creating cool new toys, but are you still considering "tweaking" the shift indicator plate for more of an OEM look i.e. smoother and glossier finish than the current production model? Please keep up the great work for our never say die beasts!
I am actually awaiting some resin in the mail now, should be able to try it out at the end of the month and see how it looks.

Awesome! I like the AHC mount even better for
The mugs fit great! That's awesome. I'll add this as an option on the site for any avid coffee drinkers. Thanks for your business and your photos.

A larger cupholder insert for behind the center console is definitely on the radar, I haven't looked into possible door card attachments but that could be feasible if folks like the insert.

I just received my scangauge in the mail, gonna model up the mount for it sometime this week and hopefully have some options up this weekend for the AHC mounting area for the auxbeam panels, a RAM ball adapter, and the scangauge.

I'll also try and fab up a mount to put the scan gauge in front of the cluster/right behind the wheel at some point as I've seen some folks with that setup and really liked it. Or Maybe one that utilizes the door grab handle?

The AHC mount spot is ideal because it's so easy to hide wiring. The mount will have a nice hidden wire hole running through it to give it a nice tidy look. See below for the auxbeam example:

View attachment 3057001

View attachment 3057004View attachment 3056998

Still adjusting the tightness of the gap between the mount and AHC panel hole, but rest assured the final product will clip in nice and tight
Awesome! I like the AHC location even better for the scanguage. I can save the ashtray for future switch panel.

I really like the AuxBeam mount in the AHC hole. I currently have a dual USB plug there but im not using it anymore so I might go that route but I think i'll wait to see how the ashtray mount looks first.

I have my scanguage just velcro'd to the top of the steering wheel column but would love a more permanent solution for that if you find one.

Got my passenger side rear window switch panel in today and mounted. Very pleased that the switch components fit perfectly, and it seems very sturdy.
Window_switch.jpg

Ordered. No hurry at all. Erik

Auxbeam 8-Gang Switch Panel now available for purchase here: AHC Switch Panel Replacement - https://cruiserdm.com/products/ahc-switch-panel-replacement

As well as another small product;

I'm into mountain biking, as are a lot of you, and I decided to swap my t-case shifter with a spare MTB grip I had laying around.

Adds a ton of leverage and a bit of flair, plus you could drop any MTB grip with an integrated bar-end like the one pictured to customize.

Might seem a bit tacky to some but I dig it as this is a dedicated off-road rig for me. Available for purchase now, only $15. Fits a wide variety of toyota models from FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, GX, LX, etc.

IMG_4701.JPG
IMG_4704.JPG
MTB-T-case shifter.PNG

So- I've been looking at those auxbeam units. Is the switch a control panel that hooks to an underhood wiring gang/terminal box sort of situation? Their website and stuff is less than clear and/or I'm just too dumb to see it. Between rock lights and light bar and maybe some other rack lights and ditch lights and and and (e-lockers?) I can definitely see the use.

And related to that- was it you or Ben who made a mount for it that slots into the ashtray hole? I don't smoke any more and don't know anyone who does, so that real estate is vacant but usable, whereas I still have my AHC and want to keep it.

So- I've been looking at those auxbeam units. Is the switch a control panel that hooks to an underhood wiring gang/terminal box sort of situation? Their website and stuff is less than clear and/or I'm just too dumb to see it. Between rock lights and light bar and maybe some other rack lights and ditch lights and and and (e-lockers?) I can definitely see the use.

And related to that- was it you or Ben who made a mount for it that slots into the ashtray hole? I don't smoke any more and don't know anyone who does, so that real estate is vacant but usable, whereas I still have my AHC and want to keep it.

I haven't made any Ashtray mounts yet, so probably Ben. The Auxbeam panel comes with a fuse box you mount under the hood with two terminal blocks (+ & - ) for each of the 8 switches on the panel. So you run a positive and negative from the auxbeam fuse box to your battery, then run the switch panel cable into your cab, and all accessories just get one positive and negative to the new fuse box. The auxbeam fuse box supplies power to your devices and the switch panel which really tidies up wiring.

Scangauge mount for the AHC position is pretty much finished, Ashtray mount will be coming right behind it.

Most mounts for this device just use adhesive strips that I'm not too fond of to secure the unit, my mount will be screwed together using the factory scangauge holes. I'm just finalizing what size/length screws I'll be providing with the unit and it will be fully secured to whatever base I provide.

Internal cable routing that should be invisible once installed of course. There is enough room behind the RJ45 port for the cable to bend, and a channel behind the scangauge that routs out through the bottom of the AHC Mount base.

Ashtray trim was removed for measuring/prototyping during these pics.

These are now available on the site here and will begin shipping out 8/15/22
Slight price increase to $50 from the $40 auxbeam panel mount because of the additional hardware and size of this unit.

IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

Hey @CruiserDM I am loving the cup holders but have thought of a slight addition. I sometimes have small cups in them, which are then nearly impossible to take out ! I am thinking perhaps 1 inch thick, easily removable coasters would do the trick. Is that something you'd be interested in making and selling?

I know I can buy off the shelf coaster but they are no easy to remove from the bottom of the cup holder!

20220620_123727.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom