100 Series Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI THERE .VERY GLAD TO HAVE FOUND SUCH A GREAT FORUM. I OWN A 99MODEL 100SERIES 4.2DIESEL. I AM CONSIDERING REPLACING MY ENGINE WITH THE 4.2TURBO DIESEL. IS IT POSSIBLE,HOW DIFFICULT?ANY INFO WOULD HELP. THANKS THEO FROM CAPE TOWN :cheers:

Just turbo what you have, otherwise you are up for a lot of cash, work, wiring looms, computers and headaches!

Tmarx,
What Model Of Engine Is Your Diesel? Do You Mean That Your Engine Is 1hd-t? And You Want To Change It Into 1hd-fte? 24valve With Intercooler Diesel?
Where Are You Located? For Me As Long As You Have The Complete Parts And Tools To Change The Engine I Dont Think It Would Have Problem. :)

Phils, my currant engine is the 1HZ,but i have acces to both the 1HD-T and the 1HD-FTE. My concern is that for the latter it wont be a "reasonably" simple conversion.I am lead to believe that for the 1HD-T it is almost a case of bolting it out and in, with no problems like electronics ect.

100 TD said:
Just turbo what you have, otherwise you are up for a lot of cash, work, wiring looms, computers and headaches!
Hi there.I did initialy consider just fitting a turbo. The problem is reliability. In RSA we only have 1 reputable company that does this kind of job and they are not that succesful at all. The torbo itself works fine but the engine hardly ever lasts 50 000kms. The reason alledgedly is the poor quality of our diesel(very high suipher content).However the factory turbo engines are fine.The same thing happens to the 300de engine as opposed to the KZTE engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom