100 Series Catalytic Converter Protector Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

Beto Cruiser

Supporting Vendor
Protect your cats! With the rise of catalytic converter theft, especially in my area, I wanted some protection.

So, here's what I'm offering.
1/8" aluminum skid plate. All hardware included.
Price: $150 + tax/shipping (depending on your situation). Shipping tends to be $20-30.

The first batch of 8 have sold. Here is the thread documenting that along with some reviews. DIY Cat Skid Plate - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/diy-cat-skid-plate.1280415/
I'm making another 16. If there is more interest I can make more.

The plates will be ready in 1-2 weeks. You can message me here or at jaysauer13@gmail.com for ordering details or any other questions.

Installation details:
  • CNC plasma-cut 1/8" aluminum plate
  • All hardware included, plus spare in case you don't want to use the security bolts.
  • Vents for air flow and drainage
  • No cut out for trans fluid drain. Plate must be removed for that service.
  • Drilling into your crossmember is required
  • Factory fiberglass splash guard is required. If you don't have your splash guard, it will not work since it utilizes some of the bolt bolts on the splash guard.
  • You will need to cut the wings off your splash guard
  • PDF instructions included
  • 7/16" drill bit required. Amazon option linked here.
  • T40 security bit recommended, but not required. Both hardware options are included. Amazon option linked here.

Please note that the goal was to keep this as affordable as possible, hence the choice for 1/8" aluminum. It's plenty strong, but if you're looking for something to support the entire weight of your rig as it slides on rocks this is not the right product.

Some pictures
1655764112218.png

1655764098297.png

PDF with installation instructions is attached in case you would like to see the process.

Feel free to reach out via DM, email, or on this thread with any questions.

Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

• Catalytic Converter Protector _ Skid Plate.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom