100 series Bob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys

I'm hoping you can help us out, we are from oz and have bob a 100 series and trying to get the 42inch tyres to fit, just wanted to know if any one has done it before over there, any help would be great as we are trying to get the car ready for a comp.

Here is a pic of it
P1090207%20_Desktop%20Resolution_.JPG

Motor mods are
its running garret turbo thats been heavily modified . running 24psi low boost and 30psi hi boost through a duel stage boost controller. all this hot air is being cooled by a pwr barrel water to air intercooler that has been custom installed. boost is already starting at 780rpm its so cool to hear at idle. yes the motor can handle this as the bottom end has been modded to handle it. not saying what or by whom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same company modified head to flow better and supplied a 1 off custom camshaft. we have 2 nos bottles putting 150hp in2 motor at moment (looking at changing this to 200hp just 4 tuff trucks (more power oh oh oh oh) working of micro switch - so when foot flat nos just keeps flowing till i back off!hope all this will give me enough power.

Any help be great

I don't have any answers for you, but you better get ready for some questions with a rig like that. What have you done the rest of the drivetrain to handle all that power and the big tires you plan to run? That rig looks awesome, and we're gonna need some more specs.

edit: It looks like you'd either have to cut the rear doors, or move the rear axel back to fit the 42's.

hi guys this cruiser has snake racing front arms, rancho shockies, front disconnect 4" cones, 6"tough dog springs and adjustable front panard rod. rear suspension has 6" tough dog springs tough dog shockies with 2" disconnect coils, adjustable upper and lower trailing arms and panard rod,there is a 3" body lift fitted. i have cut approx 100mm (4") out of the front floor as well as cutting the front guards. i have cut approx 50mm (2") out of the rear floor at the rear of the wheel well. the rear of the 4by has been bobbed approx 310mm (13") we are going to be fitting 42/15/16 tsl swampers onto 16x12 in rims. the rims have a standard inset but hav a 2in band fitted to the offset side of the rim and external bead lock rims by rockfab design. if you need any other info please dont hesitat to contact me. thanking you in advance for any help! the drive line has been modified by fitting long field cyro crown wheel and pinion front and rear. long field front axles and cv all the above supplied by locktup 4x4. the gearbox is a ht150 5 speed out of an 80series running a marks 4wd trans case fitted with a creeper box. we shall try and get sum more pics up 4 u 2 c

Last edited:
hi guys this cruiser has snake racing front arms, rancho shockies, front disconnect 4" cones, 6"tough dog springs and adjustable front panard rod. rear suspension has 6" tough dog springs tough dog shockies with 2" disconnect coils, adjustable upper and lower trailing arms and panard rod,there is a 3" body lift fitted. i have cut approx 100mm (4") out of the front floor as well as cutting the front guards. i have cut approx 50mm (2") out of the rear floor at the rear of the wheel well. the rear of the 4by has been bobbed approx 310mm (13") we are going to be fitting 42/15/16 tsl swampers onto 16x12 in rims. the rims have a standard inset but hav a 2in band fitted to the offset side of the rim and external bead lock rims by rockfab design. if you need any other info please dont hesitat to contact me. thanking you in advance for any help!

That is all good and well but, what is in the axles? Have you upgraded to chromoly axles or larger axles or anything like that?

Cam

front axles are longfield crome molly cryo frozen as are cvs. rear axles are standard toyota as cannot find any replacement items. rear hubs have had more dowls fitted and all studs changed to 8.8 grade bolts. front and rear crown wheel and pinions are long field items as well. all above supplied by locktup 4x4

Wooooou!

I wanna see more pics of your engine and more contact info ( ja .. don't worry right now I can't pay for any mod to my engine .. but It's nice to know where .. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom